Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z owners please help asap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with my z!!

ok here is wht happens. i was going full speed through a field and had to slam on the brakes. (very rapid de-cel) and the motor died. couldnt start it until i used full choke and put the fuel setting on prime. after riding fo0r a while it would cut out every time i go fast. right befor it cut out it would backfire and sputter. any ideas?? if you need more info just ask.

i was going to look at the spark plug but my step dad wont let me touch the thing. he wont even buy filter oil so i can clean the filter. filter needs it bad to. could tht be it? any way please help asap.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default z owners please help asap!!!!

gees if your dad wont even buy you oil what in the lords name makes you think he will buy you another quad then 10.000 to make it a race quad.... you better get a job then while your out you should get a clue dude.....

Old 04-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

dude i feel your pain.........most people on this fourm are over 18.....its sucks to be young, its not like we can just ditch school and get a full time job to buy all these nice toys.......my dad is the same way(kinda).......he bought me a scrambler 500 and when ever something happens to it or if i deside to work on it, hes gives me ****.......he dosnt say anything like when im changeing the oil filter or cleaning anything but like takign stuff apart and bigger work like that, i gotta hear it from him. i try to speak to him about it all the time and ill ask him..... that if he says its my quad, then how come when the littlest things happen to it(even the big things) you gotta yell at me and ****.........so ive been saving and by the end of this summer i will have a z 400 that is completely mine.......meaning i can do what ever pleases me to it............yeah that will be the day......a nice big bore kit with a trinity pipe....yeahhhhh

Old 04-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well back to your problem , how much gas is in it ? have you tryed running it on the reserve ?
Z's will look like they have about a 1/4 tank and for some reason they want the reserve on at a 1/4 tank
mine did exactly what you are talkin about , when I turned the reserve on it ran fine .

You should really clean that filter , cant you use your lunch money or somethin , and did you buy that
Z or is it in your dad's name , if it is then someone should tell him to ease up a little and maintain that
expensive toy , unless he does not mind blowing up his money.

Or maybe there is more to it then your letting us know....

Anyway let us know what you find[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I believe that FsT4WrD may be right on the gas solution. Try filling up the tank, as it can be decieving when it looks like you have gas, but really all that is left is the reserve. Since your bike is stock and your dad "won't let you touch the thing" (LOL) , I doubt this is a very serious problem, or at least hope! Good luck and let us know what you find.

Old 04-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bulldogz400
I believe that FsT4WrD may be right on the gas solution. Try filling up the tank, as it can be decieving when it looks like you have gas, but really all that is left is the reserve. Since your bike is stock and your dad "won't let you touch the thing" (LOL) , I doubt this is a very serious problem, or at least hope! Good luck and let us know what you find.

Do you like the 12 tooth ?

I ride in Logandale , Sheephead (end of Jones) , and Black Mtn

.........you ????

Old 04-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

FsT4WrD- The 12 tooth is on the Warrior (stock is 13), but yes I like it. It gave it some extra low end punch since that bike rarely goes full speed. I live in the northwest part of town, and my whole neighborhood rides quads, so we frequently ride them up to the mountains. I also go to Armagosa since that is a pretty short trip, and when we get time, go to the bigger dunes like Dumont or Glamis. I have never been to the end of Jones but have heard about it...what exactly is it like? Thanks

Old 04-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

yo fst4wrd..................that trialer in your pic is nice....i def need one for four.....how much did it cost you......???thanks alot

Old 04-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Bulldogz400 : The end of Jones is easy to get to just take Ann or Lone Mtn to Jones and go north till it ends you can park on the right ,
there is a lot of different kinds of ridin , you can play in the wash which has a ton of whoops , there are spots where you can top it out
(power lines) or you can take a long trip around or to the top of Sheep head Mtn.

I heard there is a lot of riding at the end of Ann Rd in the Northwest , never been there , have no clue where to park .....

Punkrockrider: Trailer was about 1500 , it is my friends trailer that we ride with every ride

Old 04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

hey
well the z is his. but i do 95% of the riding on it. he rides about 1 hour a weekend. he pays little to no attention to it. if i had my own car id have no problem going to the dealer to buy the needed stuff. so far it needs filter oil. replacment screws to hold the rear fenders. both have been missing for abou 2 weeks. new rear rim he hit a rock. new stock or after market swing arm plate the piece the comes down on the break side is almost ripped off. oil change we got it the first day they hit the dealers last year and it has only had the oil changed once. needs radiator fluid almost to the L on the tank and other small stuff needs to be done.

also while i was riding yesterday i felt alot of heat coming off of the exaust by my ankle on the right side. the fan never came on until i let it idel for about 10 minutes and keep in mind i was riding for a good 30 minutes and the fan never came on.

im about to give up all to gether on trying to keep this thing running and just let it die.
maby then he'll realise im only tryin to help.

im not gonna put 10,000 into a quad. im considering only riding in stock class for about 2 seasons. when i have more freedom to travel all over the country i will really get seriouse and put my own money into it.

iv been begging to go to the local MX track about 40 minutes from my house but he wont let me race the z cus "he dosn't want me to break anything" when he says that i laugh and say theres nothin left to break.

sry about goin on about tht

Quick Reply: z owners please help asap!!!!