Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt took a crap on me !

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt took a crap on me !

Well as i go to start her up she fires on 3rd kick.... im revvin gettin her warm then she starts boggin and eventually dies... well being a lil pissed off i pull the plug and find it blacker than my brothers barbequed burgers.... so i clean it replace and does the same thing half way around the house... im running fine not rich at all... maybe bout 70:1... any help would be greatly appreciated... really wanna ride... i think it might be my rings or something... u think i might need to hone my cylinder and get new rings and piston ?? please its eating a whole in me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

What are you refering to as 70:1 ?

Old 04-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Range Rover

70:1 IS THE RATIO OF OIL TO GAS IN THE TANK.. NOT RICH,.. PROB ON LEAN SIDE

Old 04-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

That’s really lean. I think most run 32:1. I run 20:1 it smokes a little more but still doesn’t foul plugs. It doesn’t sound like a piston problem. Does it smoke a lot more than normal? You could be sucking in oil from the tranny and burning it( hopefully not). Could also be weak spark causing it to foul, but they usually are real hard to start when the spark gets that bad.

Old 04-08-2003, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

it dosent smoke at all... thats whats confusing me... i changed from a b8 to a b9.. but still same results.. i wanna get this problem fixed soon

Old 04-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez...........70:1 ratio. Man, that is way lean! Have you been running that ratio all along? I personally mix 32:1 for better performance than the factory recommended 20:1, but I have never heard of anyone running that lean of a mix. Hell, I run 50:1 in my outboard (actually 48:1) and that motor doesn't take near the abuse of my quadracer. I think you might have to do a topend and it's possible that your crank bearings are gone and possibly the seals. Did you do a compression check yet?

Old 04-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

that what is says on the bottle its opti-2 oil... says like a certain amount for a 5 gallow tank... so i mix it.... its not lean.. at least not to me.. it smokes barely but when cold she smokes.... anyway ya i though i might need a new top end... ahhhhhhhhhh grrrrr more money on this bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] any other suggestions on what it might be ??

Old 04-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

If your top end needed to be replaced it would not have started on the 3rd kick. It also would not have started then stopped. If anything it would have run better as it warmed up and the piston rings sealed better.

Have you checked your spark? Tried a new plug?

Maybe weak spark is causing it to foul or your fuel/air mixture is way to lean due to a stuck float or gunk/trash in the carb causing the plug to overheat.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:03 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Your running to rich. I run 32 to 1 in my Kawasaki.

copy and paste below:
Before we get into the different parts of the carburetor and how they effect gasoline delivery I want to stop for a second and define the terms RICHER and LEANER. I know these terms can cause some trouble for those who are new to the sport or new to carburetor tuning and they are often used incorrectly. The terms RICHER and LEANER refer to the amount of GASOLINE being delivered to the engine and not the amount of oil. If you’ve done a plug reading at wide open throttle and the plug indicates you are running rich ( dark brown to black ) this is an indication that too much gas is being delivered to the engine and not too much oil. I know there are people that will say "You’re running too rich, try to change your premix ration from 42 parts gas: 1 part oil ( 42:1 ) to 50 parts gas : 1 part oil, that should lean things out a little ". This is in fact increasing the amount of gasoline ( 8 more parts of gas for each part of oil ) and causing the engine to run RICHER rather than leaner. If you remember richer and leaner are referring to the amount of gasoline being delivered this will all make much more sense.

Old 04-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dont mean to suggest that you are dumb but, have you checked your air filter to make sure its clean?---Joe

Quick Reply: Lt took a crap on me !