Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Should I get the Lakota or wait for the Z- 250??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get the Lakota or wait for the Z- 250??

Its not the same thing at all, it has more suspension than the ozark, more ground clearance, the reason its quicker than the ozark is because it weighs 40 pounds less, and has some minor changes in the engine, and major changes in exaust. U must rele be talkin out of your as*s shortcut, daoooom, get ur facts streight b4 u start givin advice. As for my opinion i looked at the Lakota and it seemed alright, but it weighs 80 pounds more, it has like 3 inches less ground clearance, but mainly its a kawasaki. It does have some pluses, like the all around disk breaks, im not gonna consider the 40ccs more a plus because id want at leas that just to make up for the weight difference.
Remember suzuki made this quad after honda and after kawasaki, so they had the 250ex and the Lakota in mind when they built it, so they made it better.

Shortcut your a real *****.

Old 04-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wow,Guywithnoquad whats with the insults,I did my research,got most of my info from the largest suzuki
dealer in the state of fla. they saw it at the annual dealer show and said aside from the plastic ,the color
change of the steel,and the rear tire size it's the same quad.We were all set to order one and then my
wife rode a lakota and that changed her mind.By the way if you take the racks off,add alum.rims and
lighter tires you can loose as much as 30lbs off an ozark,this I know first hand. G.W.N.Q...BITE-ME!

Jeff

Old 04-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Some pertinent specs from the Suzuki website.
Dry Weight-Ozark 403 lbs
Z-250 366 lbs
Comp ratio-Both 9.2-1
Susp. Travel-Ozark 5.5 F&R
Z-250 6.1 F&R
Ground Clearance-Ozark 8.3 inches
Z-250 8.7 inches
Carb-Both BSR29
Though not on the spec lists from Suzuki, I have read that the crank and other internal engine parts were lightened and the exhaust has been changed from the original Ozark design to help HP on the Z-250. Also have heard {not confirmed} that some of the trans gear ratios have been changed, most likely to offset the shorter rear tire. Sounds like a great package to me. I will test ride one as soon as possible. I hope it shifts a little smoother than my Ozark did. If not, despite its on paper advantages over the Honda 250ex, I could choose the EX. Lakota is just too heavy for the wife and kid, who will be the main riders of whatever I bring home.
Y'all take these forum responses a little too serious here guys! Lighten up a little!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Should I get the Lakota or wait for the Z- 250??
ok by looking at it that is the only difference, but inside it, it is different. And if u take off the racks the ozark will look like sh*t, but lets say u do that and just ride a bad looking ozark, rims aint that cheap so ur gonna buy some rims after u just bought this new quad and then ur gonna get 4 new lightweight tires, then it may be 30 pounds lighter, but it will look rele shi*tty, and the z250 would still have a 10 pound gain since thats only 30. And y would u take the racks off the ozark, that would be the only reason u would buy the ozark over the z250, for the utility racks that the z250 does not have. And i dont get my info from some bull sh*t dealer who dosent seem to know his stuff, i get it from suzuki.com, and the review atving.com did on the z250. dik and after all that the z250 would still be more powerfull due to the change in the design of intake, exhaust, crankshaft and cam timing. These modifications have made for quick responsive power through out the power-band. Prove me wrong Jeff. ooo show me the trail, thats kool with a capital k.
:-!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Bob...don't worry about them...it's just that time of the month. It'll pass and we'll get a few civil weeks out of them before they once again loose all rational thinking and ability to comunicate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

Ouh yea...they put a Z in front of the 250..so it must rock....
Z is the new international sign for Sweet!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

gwnq what do you ride.does your mommy and daddy know your playing with the computer again?

Old 04-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok first of all thats not funny.
Next, i dont no if u saw my name, its guy with no quad, ill spell it out for u, i dont have a quad.
I ride my friends 97 timberwolf and moto 4, and im sure im better than u. Not that we were talkin about experience, we were talkin about how u were blowin air out of ur as*s when u said:
The z250 is the same exact quad as an ozark,the same susp. travel,less ground clearance.the reason
just by that statement we can see that u dont no sh*t about quads. I dont no how u just came out of no where with that bull sh*t, did u just want to see yourself talk?

Old 04-25-2003, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

Guywithnoquad...you make me laugh...I like someone who is honest!! It would have been so easy to lie and say you ride any number of dream machines. Hang in there, it was less then a year ago I didn't have a quad either. Now I have three.

Old 04-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah most punks are real big behind a keyboard,When you grow up and get a quad of your own
will talk,until then dont let your mouth overload your a**hole

Quick Reply: Should I get the Lakota or wait for the Z- 250??