Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

trailblazer starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailblazer starting problems

I have a 02 or 03 250 trailblazer that has served me well for 4 or 5 years with no problems whatsoever. Suddenly it has decided not to start. I have pulled the plug and am looking at a nice blue spark. Pulled the fuel and two cycle lines and checked the filters, pulled the carburetor, soaked in carb cleaner after pulling all parts out. Reassembled carb and held throttle down while cranking engine. It starts slowly as if flooded, then runs fine for the remainder of the day and even starts with a touch of the starter button. Starts and runs in a similar fashion for next 3-4 days then goes back to same non starting problem. I've repeated the process of cleaning the carb and continue with similar results. Do I need to get a carb kit at this point? This machine always started in the past with a touch of the button. I've had plenty of exposure to carb cleanings and synchronization on multiple carb engines with 100% success. Never messed with a two-cycle carb till now. I'm miffed, can't tell if the engine is flooding or fuel starved. I've held my finger over the spark plug hole while cranking and don't see any wetness. I paid special attention to the choke reassembly to assure that it was resting at the proper point on the carb when tightened. Anyone else able to shed some light on what I'm doing wrong or might have missed would be greatly appreciated at this point. Thanks

Old 06-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

just had same problem check compression i think you will find it low . has it been using same amount of oil we found oil pump not pumping properly that caused he piston to gauld .

Old 06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

It seems that i have to clean the carb on mine after a long non use period. . You have to make sure all the very small holes on that carb are clean. Pull the jet for sure and spray all holes with carb cleaner. And carefully run a small wire through them. A strand from a wire brush works good.