Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Which plug to pull?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which plug to pull?

How many lubricants does my bike have? It's a 2016 150cc jetmoto chinese quad with a Honda cy6 clone engine. It came with absolutely zero paperwork/manual/break in information.
It had oil in it from the factory so I used that oil for the first break in ride, let it cool then proceeded to change the oil to a trusted brand and recommend weight. Now remember, I have no manual so I reached under the unit (from the left side sitting on the bike kinda in the center, even with the rear tire) backed out a bolt thinking it was the drain plug. Well, a very small amount of oil came out and stopped. I was thinking it should be more, so I reinstalled the bolt and started searching for another plug. I found one on the right side just forward of the oil filler cap. When I unscrewed that one, a spring and a wire screen fell out and a lot more oil.
. So my question is, what came out of the first bolt hole? Was that engine oil? So the engine oil can be drained from two separate locations? Or did I drain something else?
. Thank you in advance for your help