Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Off Topic- Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic- Trucks

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new truck....looking at a Ford Superduty Crew Cab 4x4, and a Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 with the Duramax diesel. Has anyone here had any experience with either of these vehicles?
Thanks for your info,
Justin

Old 07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

WHOA!!! buy the DURAMAX!! ALOT MORE POWER! then tell the super duties to stroke this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

go ford! if you buy a chevy you might as well sell your ds for a yamaha, so you can have matching pieces if crap![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

LOL...I figured I'd hear some of this!! Do you guys own these trucks? Bummer, they moved my thread to a different area....nobody's ever gonna see this thread now...lol.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HP and Torque numbers are so close on the duramax, powerstroke, and cummins ho that there isnt a blowout power winner. You might actually have to take a look at the truck its built on instead of just the motor.

I've driven them all thanks to working for an RV dealer and construction company. My favorite is clearly the powerstroke and ford super duty. The truck is a little aged at 5 years, but they made the chevy c/k series for over 10 years and it was excellent to the end. It also means they have the little things ironed out.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Freakneh: were you trolling for a flame war? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You don't seem to be brand loyal. Why not the Dodge?

I'm partial to Ford mainly do to looks. They are all going to be about the same. Comes down to what YOU like. What you're willing (or able) to pay. You're probably looking at about a $45,000 truck. Definately not something to buy on a whim, unless you are loaded.

I would say drive each of the trucks in the trim levels you would be interested in. See what the best price you can get. And of course what you like the best. Just about all of the trucks are comperable. I think the Dodge 3500's do have the highest payload capacity. The Cummins is the most powerful among the Big Three diesel powerplants at 600 lb. ft. of torque. Horsepower champ I think goes to Ford currently. Cummins also wins on sound...not only does it look like a big rig, it sounds like one with the Cummins. But as you are looking for a CC, they don't offer a true crew cab. Hopefully they'll step up to the plate on of these days. If I was personally in the market, I'd probably skip Dodge over that fact.

This question has probably resulted in more flame wars and bar fights than anything else.

Also to note, a redesigned Super Duty is due out in the near term. Including some serious ratings on the 350 Dually (17,000 lb towing). Including a new built in brake controller that works with the trucks ABS system.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-02-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

They all have good and bad points. Drive them all and see what fits you. I drive a dodge cummis 3500 and pull 17,000-19,000 lb goosenecks, Hauling Hay and Cattle. I did add a power chip. My neighbor dirve a Duramax and he can't quithe keep up but has more cab room and a quieter ride. A friend of mine runs a Powerstroke he likes it it's his second one. I just worry about why he hass had two withing a few years ???

Drive em all and see what fits your needs the best.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I was planning on a Dodge, but had something happen recently that's made me question my loyalty. I have a 96 Sport Reg cab, that was broken into about 3 months ago. The jerks destroyed my dash taking my deck, and tore up my door panels. Dodge doesn't make these parts anymore, so I had to look all over the country for used parts....not good. I could probably walk into a Chevy dealer, and order a dash for a 78 Blazer.... Not too happy with Dodge anymore......

Old 07-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dsracer666
go ford! if you buy a chevy you might as well sell your ds for a yamaha, so you can have matching pieces if crap![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I'm not sure why but i find that to be ture... hence all ford products here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try the duramax with a allison trany under a good load and you will wonder why you ever looked at the others.

Quick Reply: Off Topic- Trucks