Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Question???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question???

Hello, I have a question that doesn't involve big trucks. I figure there's alot of knowledgable guys in here from the post that i have read that i will ask the question because it is driving us crazy trying to figure out the problem.A buddy of mine has a chrysler minivan with a 3.3 l six cylinder.Whenever it rains the serpentine belt flies off the pulley.He has replaced the belt and also the tensioner pulley.The belt is sitting in the grooves and will only come off in the rain.Any ideas as to why this is happening?Just trying to help out my riding partner. Thanks

Old 12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Question???

Is the pulley tensioner moving freely? Maybe its not putting tension on the belt fully. Check your other pulleys maybe. The edge of the pulley might be gone causing the belt to come off. Don't know much about the minivans. Hope you find yer problem.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Question???

Thanks for the reply.The tensioner is new and the belt is tight.The belt appears to be sitting in the grooves and the edges on the pulleys are there.It's a pain in the *** problem he's having with this thing.It's been to the shop 4 times and they can't figure it out .So were trying to figure it out ourselves.Thanks again

Old 12-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question???

may be stupid, but my bro had a chrysler 6cyl and they were a lemon engine for heads. he put a used engine in from a wrecker, from a Daytona. one of the pulleys was different. the belt was the correct length, but had one too many ribs on it. had a bugger of a time finding a belt to work. I wonder if the engine got changed on your friend's van, and he's having a similar problem. dealer will insist it's the correct belt, but it may not ride right inside one of the pulleys. check the # of ribs on the belt, and compare it to EACH pulley.