Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

New hauler manuf.- american freedom

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hauler manuf.- american freedom

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Harbor freight is the store where i purchased it,its a generac quietpact 40 G it fits in the compartment that comes on the 21 ft. does the 17 ft. come with a place for the generator.Glad to here that you baught one, I get mine in about 3 weeks, doug the owner is going to start production of the 21 ft haulers next week, he has 16 orders to do.Oh buy the way where do you ride maybe we can meet somewhere, i frequently go to Glamis,dumont,johnson valley or ocotillo wells, well good luck with your hauler and keep me posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

That's one thing that I will have to check out is a small compartment. I doubt it, as most other 16' that I've looked at dont' come with a generator option as there is no space for a compartment. I've seen some Onan's and the Honda eu2000 gens on the net. They look small enough for me to pick up and bring in at night. I have some creative friends who love to weld; I may have them design and fabricate some sort of small, lockable cage on the tongue. That way once we're parked I can connect and lock up the generator and don't have to worry about it until we're ready to break camp.

We usually go to Stoddard Wells (now we will be going more frequently), Dumont and Buttercup/Gordon's Well. I have never been to Ocotillo Wells, but want to go. I'm finalizing the paperwork today, but won't pick up the toy until Monday or whenever it stops raining. I'm planning a "maiden voyage" to Stoddard the weekend of March 4-5, and at least one Dumont trip in March. The other planned trip is the Barstow Poker Run on april 23rd.

I'll keep you posted on the delivery process!

Old 02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: katstoy
I know that a stand alone is way cheaper, but there's something to be said about staying inside and just flipping a switch. Did they have financing available?

the reefer i have runs on propane and generator power. i use the propane a day or two before the trip to load the reefer and keep it cold....heck, i use the propane for the fridge/freezer the entire trip. the genny i will only use for the tv/dvd, microwave, or the a/c

they sell those toy haulers on either rv direct or discount rv....

Old 02-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: katstoy
That's one thing that I will have to check out is a small compartment. I doubt it, as most other 16' that I've looked at dont' come with a generator option as there is no space for a compartment. I've seen some Onan's and the Honda eu2000 gens on the net. They look small enough for me to pick up and bring in at night. I have some creative friends who love to weld; I may have them design and fabricate some sort of small, lockable cage on the tongue. That way once we're parked I can connect and lock up the generator and don't have to worry about it until we're ready to break camp.

!
go with the mobile gennys.. that way you can use them at home too... to run my tv and ac at the same time, i need all of my guardian 4000 for it...

Old 02-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I picked up my new baby last week, and drove it fully loaded on the freeway to my storage facility yesterday. Boy am I intimidated! I've never towed anything that large before! Hopefully I'll get used to it.

As far as the toyhauler itself, anyone who's seen it loves it. My cousins have an Attitude and like the openess of mine more than theirs. The bathroom is roomier too.

Blown450, make sure you force those guys at USA to go over the hauler very carefully on your predelivery inspection. Johnny seemd to want to rush through it. Seemed like once you bought it the red carpet wasn't rolled out anymore. The two gentlemen who did the installation of the brake control and hitch, and cleaned the thing, were wonderful. I think the tech's name was Louie. He was great, took his time and answered all my questions. Johnny just wanted to hurry up and be done.

I need to call them back to see where the hose for the sewer line gets stored. It does not come with any, but they're cheap enough at Walmart, but there's no outside compartment to store it in.

The maiden voyage is this Saturday up to Stoddard Wells, I'll report back next week.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] hey thats great, Johnny is a little pushy and impatient, his customer service skills are real rusty, he's just a kid. I went buy the plant on Friday and they have'nt even started building any of the 21 ft units. Johnny was there and said the rain has slowed production down alot, because they do the finish work outside of the building, I was kinda bummed. They said 2-3 weeks if the weather holds up, we'll see, anyway keep me posted on any problems or just the good things with your hauler. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

When will it ever stop? We were all packed up and ready to go this mornign when our friends in the high desert called and said it was pouring. AAARGHHH! Oh well, I guess teh "maiden voyage" is next weekend. At least then we can go for two nights instead of just one.

blown450, how's the progess on your new toy? If this weather holds you may get to go out in yours before I ever try mine out! All I can say is that it fits LOTS OF STUFF. The 17' right now has a full size quad, a dual sport and a kids quad with plenty of room to spare. We could probably get another bike in there with some creative manuvering. Can't wait to finally use it!

Old 03-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blown450
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Oh buy the way where do you ride maybe we can meet somewhere, i frequently go to Glamis,dumont,johnson valley or ocotillo wells, well good luck with your hauler and keep me posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
We're doing Stoddard Wells next weekend, about 2 miles off the Dale Evans exit; and we're planning either a Dumont or Ocotillo run for Easter weekend.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I probably wont see my hauler for about another 2 weeks, like i said this damm rain has really slowed his production down,the weather forecast is callin for 80's and maybe 90's in Banning where I live. perfect weather. I have a spot off of Date Palm drive near Palm Springs that a group of us go its got some sand and a couple of good hills to climb.Easter I will hopefully be in ocotillo with or without my trailer, we go out on pole line road, on the otherside of the second hill and turn right, there is 3 Attitude toyhaulers and 4 ww haulers and hopefully one new American Freedom, come buy if your in the area.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Well, FINALLY had the maiden voyage. All in all was a great time. My Jeep Grand Cherokee had no problem pulling the 17' with 3/4 full fresh water, two quads and one dirt bike up the Cajon Pass. We went to Stoddard Wells. Everything worked well, but . . . here's the problems we had.

One of the couches pulled away from the wall on one side. There are three bolts that hold the bracket on each side to the wall. One side came completely out. When we tried to screw it back in, there was nothing in the wall to screw it into. It seemed like it was just screwed into the wall and not any stud. The other side held fine. The other couch was also fine. Two full sized adults slept in it and it held just fine. Two kids also bounced on it and it held just fine. THe one that gave way did so by having someone just sit on it. Luckily we have some wood blocks and were able to support that bracket from underneath to make it usable this weekend.

Next, one of the tires was bad. We had already hitched up and then noticed one tire was very low. After pumping it up we heard the HISSSSSS. After putting on the spare there was a clear defect in the tire. On the sidewall there is a bubble with a small hole in it. Finally, there is a leak in the kitched sink. Not a very big one, about two tablespoons worth dripped under the sink into the cabinet below.

I'm calling them tomorrow to see how to go about getting these things fixed. I'll keep you posted on how the warranty work goes. Despite these set backs, all in all it's a pretty good rig. Squeaky on teh dirt road, but good.

Any word on yours yet?

Quick Reply: New hauler manuf.- american freedom