Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

TRAILERS what to buy? What not to buy? lets hear it....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAILERS what to buy? What not to buy? lets hear it....

Well my little trailer wont hold my 800. The sport 400 was fine. But I put the 800 on it and the springs hit the bottom. So I am looking into a trailer. I searched for aluminum, for weight savings, but they are a bit pricey. Now I got my eye on a Sportstar II from Northern Utility. It's only $800+shipping. In the picture. It shows a Sportsman, and a scramy sitting sideways on it. It is a side loader. Holds 2000 lbs, and has a good size tire on it. The bottom is not wooden. Open diamond shaped cutouts for a floor. Does anyone have this trailer?

I am staying away from Homedepot and Lowes trailers. The feel cheep. I pushed down on a corner and you can see the whole bed flex. Not very sturdy at all. And also from what I have read somewhere else. They rust very quickly.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Range Rover

Do you have a link for them? I'm in the market myself. I have seen a couple used ATV trailers around here for good prices, but I'm always too late.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

i had a trailer like you describe but smaller

I liked the expanded metal floor,,,,because the mud washes right thru when you wash em off

sounds like a good price

why dont you just cut to the chase and get the 7x14 V nose aluminum enclosed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the link.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...cm_ite=trailer

Old 03-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

DON'T buy anything steel! They're heavy and they will rust before you know it. First scratch in the paint and it will never be the same. You should be able to find a used 8x10 aluminum snowmobile trailer for less than $700. Get a tilt-bed and you don't have to screw around with ramps.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an enclosed trailer because I need to store it at a RV storage area. When my Son and I were into racing Micro Sprints we had a tilt bed Doolitle Trailer. Great little trailer.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a Big Tex Trailer a few months ago and love it. Its a 5x10 with side rails and a beaver tail. I got mine for around a grand. What I like most is the 205x75x15 wheels ( no sway as it is towed)

Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yea I was looking into the aluminum snowmobile type trailers. I can't find one new or used around me.....I looked into a new one. I am sure shipping will cost a ton, but the steel one was only 120#'s more. Not that big of a difference to me for 2X the price. It really is going to depend on availability and cost for me. I see plenty of steel trailers that are old that still function well. Although they don't look that good. I guess it's all in the price you pay.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know if this is still available: trailer

Old 03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 11 year old steel trailer ... if you take care of it ... it will take care of you.

Yes aluminum looks better over time and is much lighter ... but my home built steel trailer works just as well and has a #3500 axel.

Quick Reply: TRAILERS what to buy? What not to buy? lets hear it....