Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Towing with a Nissan Armada/Titan

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing with a Nissan Armada

Where do you wire in the electric brake module for a Nissan Armada or Titan?

Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Towing with a Nissan Armada/Titan

What does your manual say about this topic?

If your vehicle is prewired from the factory (which I doubt it is) your manual will tell you about this. Let me know if it is. I've been waiting to see if these things are prewired or not. If so, it will be the first import I have seen that is prewired from the factory.

EDIT: Does the truck have a 7 way plug installed from the factory? If not, then your truck will not be prewired for the brake controller circuit either. If all you have is a 4 way then you get the glorious task of hard wiring your brake controller.

Buck

Old 01-31-2006, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

It has a factory installed 7 pin plug. Manual doesn't say JACK!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yes it is prewired... look at page 10 of THIS link

Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

*Usually* it's under the dash, sometimes near the fuse panel. If you have the pigtail, or adapter for you brake controller, start looking under the dash for a connector that's like it. A good key is that the brake wire should be blue. If you don't have the adapter and need one you can get one from your dealer (and while you're there you can ask them for it's location) or you can get one from your brake controller manufacturer.

A quick google search only netted me forums where people were tweaked about issues on the Titan.

I do have to say that towing guide was THE BEST guide I've ever seen. Tells exactly how to weigh the truck/trailer and how to follow the guidelines.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

I finally found the plug. It was under the dash between the door and steering wheel, taped way up under so it was real hard to find. In fact it had so much elec tape on it you could not even see the white plug. Just a bulge on the side of a large wire bundle. I found out from the dealer the newer models have a big lable saying elec brake controller. That would have been nice. Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear. Let me know if you need help with the wiring.

Buck

Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey JkAss, I've been looking into buying an Armada. What size trailer are you pulling and how does it do? I have a 2005 WW FS3000. Dry weight is @ 5900 lbs. and @ 8300 lbs. loaded. Tow rating for the Armada is 9100 lbs. Just wondering if the Armada would be a safe choice?

Old 02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Armada seems a little on the light end of towing that much weight. Find someone who has one, or take one for a test drive through a set of scales to find out what they actually weigh.

What kind of tongue weight do you have on that WW? Most toy boxes seem to run on the heavy side.

Usually most 1/2 tons pop over on their GVWR before maxing out the GCWR. You need to find out how exactly the tow rating is derived. Generally its a stripped model, but set up for max trailering, minus the curb weight of the vehicle (includes full tank of gas) - 150 lb driver and no cargo. One pound in the tow vehicle is about 7lbs of trailer capacity to give you an idea.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

We towed about 6000lbs and it was no problem. I would highly recommend a weight distribution hitch with sway control. On our way home this weekend it was pretty windy for about an hour and you could really feel the trailer moving around. The Armada also has a self leveling setup. When the trailer was hooked up you could hear the airpump running for a bit and when the trailer was removed you could hear the air release and watch the rear of the vehicle lower down.

Quick Reply: Towing with a Nissan Armada/Titan