Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

New Toyhauler suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toyhauler suggestions

We are looking at buying an new toyhauler fifth wheel. Any suggestions? We would like it around 33-36 with a garage and a slide. We were looking at the KZ sportsmen sportster 33P or 35Px2. We also like the raptor and the cross terrain 34 mk. Any suggestions?

Old 05-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Toyhauler suggestions?

Can't really go wrong with any of those. I love my KZ. Watch your pin weight on those unless you have a 1 ton dually, they will quickly go over the ratings of a 3/4 ton (2500 series). IMO I prefer to buy a trailer not built in a border state.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

A friend just bought a 34' Ragen. SWEET! Nicest one I've seen. No garage though.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I love my Adrenaline 40 foot double slide 5th wheel with the garage. We use the heck out of it too! We pack 7 quads, 6 people & a dog, into it and it is comfy!

I did a lot of reading = r v d o t n e t check the forums under toyhaulers = there is a TON of info there to help you make an informed choice.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 05-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for those who have responded with suggestions.

I really thought I would get more than just 3 with all the poeple who have looked at this post. Come one people. Help me out here.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I just recently bought a 2006 30ft Fifth Wheel Ragen!!! It's AWESOME! No garage though but definitely pure luxury!!

Old 06-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the Carriage C-Force. It will be a higher end unit compared to the others mentioned (MSRP around $70K)but if you like your luxury and your toys, it is the one. You will need at least a one ton dually to pull it though. Carriage builds top quality stuff and hold their resale better than others when it comes time to sell or trade. We have been very pleased with our Carriage so far.

For less money and frills but still great quality, look at a Sunnybrook. They are a great value for the buck.

KZ makes nice stuff too and offers a lot of sizes and options to suit your budget and needs.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Range Rover

i just pick up a weekend warrior fifth wheel i am ready to see my house and live in it

Old 06-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

WEEKEND WARRIORS ARE NICE! I JUST GOT A 28 FT. DESERT FOX ITS SWEET!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Warriors are nice, but I don't think they build one with a seperate garage?

I would also suggest you check out the 35' Patio Hauler by Extreme. I have an older one, before the toy hauler division split from Kit. Features I like are slats in the garage floor, with metal siding inside and an exterior type door seperating the living area and garage (meaning you can hose mud out and it sluces through the slats). Also, all the plumbing, including the dump valves, is up inside the enclosed underbelly. Some rigs have pipes that hang down where they can freeze, or get smashed. Downside is I would consider them a mid-quality unit, with solid oak doors on photolaminate cabinets, and so on.

The 36 and 38' Komfort Carry All ones are my favorate, though they were apparently discontinued. They have tons of storage, all solid hardwood cabinetry, and very high quality. Their cool feature is a staircase that folds out of the roof of the garage, where rails flip up on the roof to form a "Sky Box".

If you have it down to the Raptor or a K-Z, I'd personally go with the K-Z. IMHO their attention to detail and their floorplans are a bit nicer.

I'd suggest you hit the RV shows, take your digital camera, and take the time to look at the details. Look at things like how the cabinets are put together, and general fit and finish.

Unless money is no object, I'd suggest looking for something a year or two old on the used market. These things loose tons of value in the first year or two, even if they have only been used for a week or two. If this is your first rig, you may find you don't want an island kitchen, want somthing bigger, or smaller, or that you don't use it enough to make it worh owning... and you will loose your shirt if you bought new.

Quick Reply: New Toyhauler suggestions?