Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

trailer for transporting people?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default trailer for transporting people?

See, now I look at it as an alternative for parents wanting to share riding vacations and experiences with younger kids unable to handle a machine yet. My daughter would have a hoot in one of those.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: TRX450Rrider
FoxChic sounds like she's talking from experience. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It really does look like a torture device though.
No experience here lol

Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

How's this one? All Terrain Res-Q Trailers They're built in New York.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Originally posted by: Scooter86
Here is an option click

Hmmmmm, I wonder how far that baby will roll if it went over the cliff. lol. j/k. =]
In the words of Ron White, "All the way to the scene of the crash" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Looks kinda like a Star Wars leftover on wheels. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

As off-road rescue trailers are tools used by rescuers with specialized training in how not to let it roll off the cliff in the first place, it only rolls to the scene of Ron's crash, if it is safe enough to do so.

During extensive rugged terrain field trials, they have found what it will do, and what it will not do. The "what it will not do" is dependent on the skills of the ATV or Snowmobile operator. However, the "what it will do" is very simple to describe.

"All Terrain Rescue Trailers are designed to SAFELY transport sick or injured persons from trails, wooded areas or fields, while providing for the continued monitoring by medical personel enroute to a waiting emergency ambulance or MEDEVAC helicoptor, without the need for rescuers to physically carry the litter and patient over extended distances."

If vinoo7 will GOOGLE the term "all terrain rescue trailer" he will find at least 8 different manufacturers of off-road rescue trailers in the US and Canada.

As Ron White also says, "I bet we'll even beat the Paramedics there by 20 minutes!" Well, if the medics arrive on an ATV or Snowmobile pulling a rescue trailer, at least they will have a better chance at hauling him out and saving a life.

I'll drink to that!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strike a nerve there EEResQ, or are you just selling them?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

Naaaa, no nerves involved. In fact, I think Scootergptx's reference to "Hmmmmm, I wonder how far that baby will roll if it went over the cliff. lol." has a link to the Equinox "ATV Coach" (kind of a blue Easter egg on wheels design). I enjoyed his humor; esspecially the Ron White line. My reply was typed with a smile.

In that reply, I was trying to provide an answer to vin007's question: "Does anybody know of an ATV trailer than can be used for transporting people?" By suggesting he do a google search, he'll find at least 8 various designs of ATV and Snowmobile rescue trailers. From there, he can contact the ones he thinks will work best for his organization.

Where from in Ohio?

Old 02-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

How many people you talking about, and what kind of ride? On some trails, I'd bet you'll be in trouble with most any kind of trailer that has people in it. I would ask your local trail law enforcement if you can even do it first!

On the other hand, if you are on private land, there are a lot of options. If it's a slow ride around to show off, I have a friend who uses a flat bed trailer and put hay bales on it for people to sit on. He only putts around. Nothing over 15 MPH or so. It works. but I woulnd't do this on a public trail, nor some really technical terrain!

Old 02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Hey Jeff,

As the original post included a reference to "no plans of purchasing an ARGO or UTV for this task" it sounded to me that he was looking for an ATV rescue trailer for use during off-road emergency operations.

I agree, if just looking to joy ride, there could be issues on publicly maintained trail systems.

As for "ride, speeds and technical terrain" you are correct on all counts.

1. Any trailer used for off-highway rescue should have a suspension system designed for the task.

2. When hauling sick or injured persons off a trail, 3 to 9 MPH is safe. Consider this: A team of 8 rescuers on foot carrying a 190 pound patient and 50 pounds of medical equipment (litter, backboard, O2, etc.), can only move at 1.5 MPH (average) over moderately rough or hilly terrain. At 3 to 9 MPH, an ATV or snowmobile and rescue trailer has an advantage of 2 to 6 times the carry-out speed of rescuers on foot.

3. When terrain or conditions call for it, "there is no substitute for a trained Technical Rescue Team." Actually, most "Technical SAR Teams" will use rescue trailers when available, if the terrain permits.

Use of this equipment is saving lives, and rescuer's backs! Mine included.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally posted by: EEResQ
Naaaa, no nerves involved. In fact, I think Scootergptx's reference to "Hmmmmm, I wonder how far that baby will roll if it went over the cliff. lol." has a link to the Equinox "ATV Coach" (kind of a blue Easter egg on wheels design). I enjoyed his humor; esspecially the Ron White line. My reply was typed with a smile.

In that reply, I was trying to provide an answer to vin007's question: "Does anybody know of an ATV trailer than can be used for transporting people?" By suggesting he do a google search, he'll find at least 8 various designs of ATV and Snowmobile rescue trailers. From there, he can contact the ones he thinks will work best for his organization.

Where from in Ohio?
Actually Freebird deserves credit for the "How far will it roll" line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

No harm to anyone, as I think we all can enjoy a little humor. Probably what threw us off was the variety of text used in your reply.

Quick Reply: trailer for transporting people?