Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Anybody use the Harbor Freight tri-fold ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use the Harbor Freight tri-fold ramps?

Tri-fold ramp

Thinking about picking up this ramp to load my Suzuki Eiger 4x4 in my Toyota Tacoma. Looks as if it will fit under my quad/between tires folded up. Only 45" wide though. That would give me just an inch or so clearance on each side. That enough? If you have tried this ramp, please give me some feedback good & bad.

The price is right & we have local Harbor Freight that has them in stock. I'd rather pay the 6% sales tax than a big shipping charge.

Thanks,
HS

Old 10-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hogsniper,

I have one of those tri-fold ramps, been using it for over a year now. They work great, the ramp folds up real nice and it doesn't take up to much space.

SB.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

How tall is the rear of your Tacoma? I have ramps that are about that length and they can get a bit scary unless you have a ditch or something you can back your truck into. If your truck is a 4x4 you might want to consider a longer ramp. I have a 3500 4x4 and I reallly need to get a longer ramp.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Trailblazer

i used them on a 06 silverado and a 98 f150 work great!!!!! not sure how they work on 4x4 trucks that sit a lil higher

Old 10-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider

I own the same exact tri-fold ramp, 45" wide, and I own an Eiger, its the same width as the Eiger and it works great, I have a full size F-150 with a lift kit, my tailgate is high and the ramp works at an almost vertical angle, to drive up I put my Eiger into 4x4, low range, 1st gear. I purchaced my Tri-Fold Ramp at Tractor Supply for $129, the only complaint is the red rubber top hook pads fall off and I always end up clamping and pinching my fingers when I fold it. I think there should be a warning decal with instructions how to fold it the right way without causing any injury. Another problem with owning that ramp is all ur friends is going to ask you to borrow it and they are either slow of giving it back, or they think ur going to forget they have it and think they can keep it, don't lend it out!

Old 10-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I've been looking at purchasing a tri-fold for quite a while now. $80! Thanks, I had no idea that harbor freight even had any, I'm sure my friend will appreciate me not borrowing his ramp......

Old 10-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the one from Harbor for 5 years with no problem at all, 79.99 in chattnooga tn. ; in a 87' S-10 Tahoe long bed pick-up 2wd . However i bought a 2006 AC 400 fis auto feb. 7th 2006 , The cat is about two inch wider than the ramp, my brother's i ride with are afraid to load it ; the first time i rode up into the truck bed in the dark my right front wheel missed the top of the ramp but i had it in low 4wd the tire grabbed the bed rail at the tail light lucky for me it came off the rail inside the bed !!! My youngest brother and his wife were with me, they both flipped out, after i got off they showed me the cat track's on the tail light len's ; the only thing i worried about was the tail light len's ! Not even a crack in the len's , i bought a set of driving light's to mount onto the front rack for better lighting ; the light's on my brother's 02' honda rancher and my cat aren't bright enough for night riding ! ..................williebee

Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

I've had the Harbor Freight Tri-Fold ramps for almost 2 years now. They work just fine and are a great price. I use them to load a Suzuki Vinson with 26x10x12's in front and 26x12x12's in back onto an F150 4x4 with tires 3 sizes bigger than stock (It had 235/70x16's and I replaced them with 265/75x16's)

I haven't had any problems loading the Vinson even on flat ground, although it would be nice if the ramps were a little longer to decrease the angle a bit. Other than that I'd recommend them.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the same ones from tractor supply. I like them.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

I got my tri-fold at Sam's Club. I think it was about $100. Mine's 6' long and it gets a little hairy loading into my Dodge Ram CTD 4X4 if I ride up the ramp. My solution is similar to others here. I put the TC in low and hit the 4WD button and walk my Xplorer 400 up the ramp and into the truck. That's a lot less crazy than popping a wheelie into the back of my truck.

Quick Reply: Anybody use the Harbor Freight tri-fold ramps?