Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Harbor Freight Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight Trailers

Anybody have any experience with the Harbor Freight folding trailers. I need to Haul 2 ATV's

Rock-On

Old 02-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

If you search this section of the forums they've been beat on before.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
If you search this section of the forums they've been beat on before.
More like beat to a pulp.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I say it everytime I see this topic and I'll say it again. For the small amount of $800 one can buy a fullsized 16' flatbed trailer that will hold up to four quads. I've never heard anyone complain about having too much space or carrying capacity. Just buy a real trailer and get it over with. We're not shopping for socks and underwear here folks.

Buck

Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

i own a HF trailer, and love it, but it won't really have the room to hold 2 quads, they are only 4x8.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you get one you'll have to make sure it will hold the weight and make it bigger i think to hols 2.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I've got one of these and you get what you pay for. It works but scares the heck of me to pull it above 55mph.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Range Rover

I have said it befor, And I will say it again. If you only want to pull 2 quads, and use your vehicle for hauling all your gear, get a older, 2 place snowmobile trailer. They are light, easy to work on and with, have a tilt bed for drive on and off access. The biggest thing for me with these trailers are the low profile, and being so light, but controlable on the interstate. I have been using this setup for about 3 years now, and I dont think I would go to anything else until I get more than 2 quads, or more than 2 snowmobiles. Its just safer to haul your stuff in your car/truck in my opinion.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: STEVIESURFER
Anybody have any experience with the Harbor Freight folding trailers. I need to Haul 2 ATV'sRock-On
The girlfriend and I have one of them 1200lb trailers. I put it together and it's only had 2 bikes (an XR250L and an XT225) on it so far. Nice strong durable and tough little trailer for $300.

2 ATV's on one..? Sure. I wouldn't have a problem doing that with this one. If you do get one.. make sure you get a spare tire for it. I've been lucky so far and need to get one too.

Bruce

Old 03-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

We gave away a really nice atv trailer when we left Colorado; thinking we weren't going to use it. Didn't want to pay storage rent on something we weren't going to use. We have a toy hauler camper that we have been hauling our quads with nd didn't think we'd ride w/o camping. Now, we wish we had it back. It appears there are places around us we can go to for day rides.

We are looking for something similar that we can fold up and store in the garage vs. paying rent. By having a single atv trailer, one quad on the trailer and one in the bed of the truck. We'll have to check out the HF model.

Check out this model from Red Trailers. Red Trailers

Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

I use to haul our quads on a 8 by 10 snowmobile trailer, before getting a 20ft car trailer, and I cant tell you how much I miss the snowmobile trailer for hauling just two quads, I used to be able to pull that thing behind my 98 s-10 with the 4 banger, I think I'll buy another one, its the best way to safely haul two quads.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Trailers