Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Bad Bad Bad news for Ford

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Bad Bad news for Ford

Ford makes up 75% of Navistar's 6.4 liter sales. They do make many other engines.

Part of the dispute is apparently about Ford not wanting to pay a price increase for engines redesigned to meet 07 emissions. Diesel engines for everything else (including class 8's) went up hugely for 07...

I'd also heard (but don't know if it's true) that Ford supplied some of the fuel supply and/or programming for the 6.0, and that there is also some dispute about who's mistakes caused the 6.0 problems. Isn't the VT365 in the Internatioal 4200 the basically the same engine?

Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it funny that Ford didn't like the fact that Navistar raised the price on the new motor to meet the building costs associated with the new emission standards and they(Ford) refused to pay them(Navistar) once they(Ford) filed the lawsuit but they(Ford) raised the price of the diesel motor $1500 to the consumer! I'll stick with my Dodge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

If Ford got Cat, I'd buy a Ford. Til then, I'll take the Cummins.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

6.0 was the problem engine. I read somewhere that the 6.4 is Ford's and has nothing to do with International.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No, the 6.4 is also built by International. That's why Ford's super-duty production line shut down when International stopped shipping engines in this dispute...

Old 03-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PADZZ
If Ford got Cat, I'd buy a Ford. Til then, I'll take the Cummins.

I took a 2007 GMC home today (old body style, and old emissions system). I must have had a bad case of the vapors to be considering a new Ford, LOL. Saved by the bell.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I took a 2007 GMC home today (old body style, and old emissions system). I must have had a bad case of the vapors to be considering a new Ford, LOL. Saved by the bell.
Congrats DV. I have an 06 LBZ. Some things I like about it. Some things I don't. All in all, it's a real nice truck. I still think it's BS that you can see the hood line. I see on the new body style you can't. Also, a 40K truck with no hood or glove box light? What the hell is with that?
But the LMM's have all the emission BS.
PS Don't put a box on this engine unless you want your warrantee to go bye bye. It will hard log and your done.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, the no light under the hood is BS. Stupid how you have to carry a flashlight with ya. When i asked the dealer about it they said that you have to ask for it.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

The 6.4 is just a bored up 6 liter. I hope they dont stop using the navistar engine . My retirement fund needs all that warranty money.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

DrTurbo,
I don't plan on chipping the motor, even though I had mentioned it was possible. Here is a picture of my last truck, and the toy hauler it had to tow. It was absolutely 100% reliable, and the best tow vehicle I've ever owned. I'm not racing when I'm towing, and all I do is set the cruise at 65 and leave it there. Even with it being completely stock the last truck would still pull the grades around here at 65. I got another one just like it, except its two years newer, and there is no interest on the loan. And its a silver birch color instead of the charcoal color of the last one, so it will be easier to keep it clean.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Bad Bad Bad news for Ford