Ramp with Weight Support - Page 2 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Old 04-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider

I remember seeing this device before Shark Kage? | Loading Truck Ramps for ATV and Motorcycle. I think in this case it won't help because it still utilizes your tailgate for support. Its a ramp system that is bolted to your bed and folds out of the way when you're not using it. It does eat up a bit of your bed space though. I think its more of a safer way to load your atv without ever having to worry about the ramps sliding out from under the machine. Its still pretty expensive anyway, the least expensive option being $500 with shipping Shark Kage? Aluminum Truck Ramps - Sport Ramp Edition - Shark Kage. You can buy a used 5x8 trailer for that price. A broken down atv is much easier to load into a trailer than to push it up a ramp into your truck bed if it ever happens. If you have a mower, its much easier to load into a trailer too and can use it to haul that if you ever need to.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Moto Psycho

The shark kage might help to reinforce the tailgate and spread the weight out enough to work. It's expensive but still a lot cheaper than buying another truck that doesn't have a flimsy tailgate. I didn't use my truck bed to haul my ATV for very long before I bought a trailer and haven't had anything to worry about since. When I did haul it in the back of my truck for awhile it didn't faze my Chevy truck and I've never had one with less than an 8 foot box so I could always close the tailgate.