Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Temp light

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp light

The tempeture light is staying lit on my 660 grizzly. I was riding it a couple weeks ago and noticed it flashing. I stopped, let it cool off then headed back to the house with the light out. The next time I rode it I noticed it flash a couple of times and immediately go out. The bike can sit for days and as soon as I start it, it will be lit and stay on. The fan is working and the coolant is full. Any suggestions on the problem, or a way to reset the light? Thanks fellas.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp light

Now, if you do have a over heating problem there are several things you can do to stop this, Grizzlys have a bad problem doing this in the South east states because of the way our gasoline is mixed. Ok, first go to your local Yamaha shop and ask for a heat shield for under the fuel tank "this will help keep the fuel from boiling" yes I said boiling, causing vapor lock. Next you can "vent" your side panels, Yamaha also has a patteren they recomend using or you can just make up your own pattern. Next and this is the ONLY thing I did other than the heat shield, use Amsoil "Formula 4-stroke" oil. It only comes in 0w40 and is $7.00 a Qt. but it works and works well. I tried MANY other oils including Redline, Mobil 1, Royal Purple and others and the Amsoil "formula 4-stroke" solved the problem. I hope this helps, let me know one way or the other.