Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA OR POLARIS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA OR POLARIS

i was looking at getting a yamaha grizzly next year but i have just seen the new atv polaris has just put out. the polaris ATP (All terrain Pickup). It has more pulling power whih is good because i am always moving hay as i live on a horse facility. You can put 4 wheel drive on at any speed and it automatically comes on when u need it. It has a small bed that can hold an impressive 400 pounds thats a lot more than any other atv rack plus its got two storage holds in the atv body. The independant suspension looks really nice too. So what do you people think should i go for the 2004 Yamaha Grizzly or the polaris ATP?

Old 08-24-2003, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

I would get the Grizzly 660 4x4 . Because it has huge racks for space , good shocks , and a differental lock is you have to pull something through the woods . Plus it is more reliable than a polaris . Thats just what I would get . Hope I helped !!
OutlawRancher

Old 08-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

it is really hard to say...Polaris has been really dependable for us, but the ATP is a first year production...my uncle has a grizzle 600 and that has been dependable also but it has no where near been through much punishment. the only way you can find out which suits you best is to ride both of them

Old 08-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

get the grizzly 660 it is a great work utility and very reliable

Old 08-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha Rhino with the Grizz engine/tranny and the (much bigger) 400# hydraulic box! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

"Yamaha Rhino with the Grizz engine/tranny and the (much bigger) 400# hydraulic box!"

Not to mention the MUCH bigger price tag.

Old 08-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that it "costs" more...........but do you know of anything in this world which gives you more enjoyment and flexibility than what might be presently offered...............that "doesn't"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

If cost isn't an object....a Polaris Ranger or the Rhino would be your best bet....the Rhino is a first year product built on a tested Grizzly platform...I think the Ranger is built on a specific platform

Old 08-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe ATP is a 500 Sportsman with the bedand it is as dependable as they get.I would go for the Polaris over the Griz for hard work.And you dont need a dif lock on a Polaris because it is TRUE 4x4 .

Old 08-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would buy the Polaris. Won’t Park a Yamaha in my garage. I believe Yamaha makes a great ATV, very capable and very reliable, but I don't believe the company stands behind their products. 01 Raptor trans, heat kits, and new Grizz axles. If you are out of warranty you are out of luck. These are known problems by Yamaha (corrected in later production units) and in the Yamaha forums I have read of too many people repairing them out of their pocket when the ATV is out of warranty. In my own opinion, good ATV, bad company. And no, you can't change my mind.

Quick Reply: YAMAHA OR POLARIS