Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

ForemanS vs. Grizzly vs. Sportsman 500 H.O. vs. Big Bear

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ForemanS vs. Grizzly vs. Sportsman 500 H.O. vs. Big Bear

Ok, I know this is going to be a little while before I get one of these, but just in case if I really want a upgrade of atv, like as soon as I get a truck or a way to get to mud nationals. I also just turned 17 thats another reason why, because I should be getting a truck soon. So whats better out of these four?? All i'm going to do is add a lot of stuff to make it a killer in the mud. I need one that will not let me down in the mud or water. I also want a pretty reliable bike thats easy to fix. It will be fully modded to the max like tires, winch, snorkel,locker, ect.. Which should I get?? I've also though of this because when we had a yard sale this last summer I had about five people ask if my Rancher was for sale.Thanks!!
OutlawRancher

Old 12-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the machine are good machines but if you like to go mudding my suggestion would be to get the grissly.The Honda is good but if you mud hard you drum brakes wont take it and malfunction. The polaris would also be a good pic becouse of the locking front end like the grizzly. The diff lock will play a big role in mudding.The big bear is a all right machine but with no locking front diff like the honda it wont do so good. The Grizzly or the Polaris is my pic.

Old 12-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

i would say go with the AC 650 i think like 13 inches of ground clearance and kawasaki 650 engine what more do you need

Old 12-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

kawasaskirules,
How about out of the four I named. I kind of like those atvs, but these are the ones i'm choosing from right now. Thanks!
OutlawRancher

Old 12-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

oh i see i hear that the grizzly boggs out in high water and mudd i don't know if they got that fixed and it boils gas other than that i would go with the grizzly

Old 12-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

griz or sportsman 500

Old 12-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

griz... lightest quad in its class.. and it has almost 12 inches of ground clearance.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Get the Sportsman 500 H.O. or even a 600 Twin for a couple hundred dollars more. My 600 is awesome in the mud and good bit better than my buddy's 660 Griz. He makes me go through the mud holes first so I can pull him out in case he gets stuck.
Seriously, we were at the Hatfield / McCoy trails is Southern WV in October, and we hit this big mud pit on the Rockhouse trail. He tried twice to go through, got stuck both times and I had to throw my winch hook to him and winch him out. After the second time I pulled him out, I tried and easily made it through, and even then turned around and went through the other direction (I know, an a$$hole thing to do, but I was in 'gotta prove a point' mode). And yes to the Yamaha guys, he DID have it in diff-lock and Low. It's happend many times, and he's quite envious of my mudding capabililty. And I even have stock tires still. Both of our machines are '03's.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just bought a 2004 500 HO. I did a lot of research on the different bikes out there and for features / price, the 500 HO can't be beaten. It's almost $3000 less expensive than the Grizzly and outclasses the Honda and the Kodiak (and the vinson as well) ... From what I understand the 500HO is one of the best bikes on the market right now.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: jcaines
Just bought a 2004 500 HO.
. It's almost $3000 less expensive than the Grizzly .

Where did you buy this from????
Because if you purchased your 500HO for $3700 I want to know so I can go and buy me a second unit
We all know deals can be had, from one coast to another, but this is more then a deal.
With what you are saying a savings of 3 grand taken off of what I paid for my 2004 660 that included tax,title,license I will be looking at buying a new 2004 500HO for just about $3700
For that amount I will sel my Grizz with only 110 miles on it for 6 grand---at a grand loss to myslef--- and buy TWO 500 HO's
Os cough it up, what dealer?? I will need your salesmans name and # so I can give YOU all the credit for him selling more HO's

Quick Reply: ForemanS vs. Grizzly vs. Sportsman 500 H.O. vs. Big Bear