Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

best utility

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

Originally posted by: RhinoOffRoad
Originally posted by: BADASSS250RIDER
polaris 4x4 true 4 wheel drive
regardless of marketing, polaris does not have "true 4 wheel drive". if you said "true all wheel drive" youd be closer to explaining the polaris system, but even that isnt exactly right.
Technically, it's On Demand AWD. When you flip the switch to AWD, you're in 2WD until the front tires sense that the rear tires are spinning 20% faster. Then, seamlessly, the front two hubs engage until both front and rear tires are spinning the same speed again, then it dis-engages. This all happens so fast and smooth, that you really cannot tell when it occurs. It's very effective and easy to use though. Nice system.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So RhinoOffroad, when the rears spin and engages the fronts, it then IS considered TRUE 4 WHEEL DRIVE, until it has grip and dis-engages. Many people don't understand the Polaris system. I hope this helps.

Old 01-14-2004 | 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

oops srry didnt c the lis you had there. ummmmm
id pick the vinson. but ur brother should go out and test these quads before he makes a decision.

Old 01-16-2004 | 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default best utility

Definately Polaris!Just got mine 3 months ago and love it.Theres areason the sportsman is the best selling utility in the WORLD.

Old 01-16-2004 | 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default best utility

Originally posted by: metal4ever
Definately Polaris!Just got mine 3 months ago and love it.Theres areason the sportsman is the best selling utility in the WORLD.
Mcdonald's sells more burgers too, so does that mean they make the best burger in the world?
Not trying to bash Polaris here, I don't have experience with them just trying to put things in perspective.

Old 01-16-2004 | 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

Originally posted by: FCPana
Mcdonald's sells more burgers too, so does that mean they make the best burger in the world?
Not trying to bash Polaris here, I don't have experience with them just trying to put things in perspective.

The Polaris Sportsman, no matter what the size, 400, 500, 600, or 700, is a damn good machine. They're built tough and they certainly can take the abuse.

Old 01-16-2004 | 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default best utility

have him test drive them and chose the one he thinks will work for him
I like the ride and hight of the cat and the power of the vinson
both of them work good for what he will be doing with them

Old 01-17-2004 | 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

Definatly the outlander.

Old 01-17-2004 | 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

Originally posted by: RhinoOffRoad
Theres areason the sportsman is the best selling utility in the WORLD.
this is misleading because the term sportsman is used over many different classes of quad. to make an example im going to pick honda. to say more sportsman atv's are sold than rubicons is true because the rubicon model is only the 500 class. the sportsman covers 400/500/600/700 class. if youre trying to say more sportsman quads are sold than rincon/rubicon/foreman/recon quads (which would be a more accurate comparison) id have to question the accuracy of such a statement.
I don't think the Recon is in the same class as a Sportsman. The Sportsman frame, chassis, etc. is the same for the 400 as it is the 700. I believe it's just the suspension tuning, etc. The tire sizes are the same, transmission is the same, just engine size and clutch tuning are different. All new Sportsmans are now considered gen IV plus. Someone please correct if i'm wrong, but i'm quite sure that's how it is. But they do claim in the brochure about being the best selling line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I do believe that they sell more than Honda's Rincon/Rubicon/Foreman line.

I'd say the Recon would be in the same class as the Trail Boss.

Old 02-06-2004 | 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default best utility

Hey 600towtoy......if poor-o-larris is so tough, they why do they end up last each year for reliablilty????? Maybe your deffinition of tough might not be correct. LMAO

Old 02-06-2004 | 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default best utility

Originally posted by: 700prairieman
Hey 600towtoy......if poor-o-larris is so tough, they why do they end up last each year for reliablilty????? Maybe your deffinition of tough might not be correct. LMAO
700Prairieboy, I've seen a whole lot of reliability and fix-it questions asked about the prairie, so you shouldn't talk. And as far as being so tough? I'd drag you and your little Prairie around like a wagon with no wheels. I wish you and I lived a little closer so we actually could hook up or something. Then you would know the real truth and you could shut that hole you keep talking so much trash out of. We don't want to hear all the **** talking all of the time. This is supposed to be an informative and helpful forum, not a smack-talk one. So if you can't participate in a productive way, STAY OUT!

Quick Reply: best utility