Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

OCuld the strongest stack atv really be the grizzly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OCuld the strongest stack atv really be the grizzly?

This thread Died but I'm currious do some of you guys really tie or chain the rear racks of your ATVs together and try to pull each other. when I saw this describbed i could just see someone ripping their rack off or at least bending it all to crap. also could see someone getting hurt. Would have undeerstood if they hooked to the hitches although it still doesn't strike me as a good idea. Seems that the heavier quad would win this though as the other ones front tires would come off the ground first leaving it with less traction.

Old 02-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roscoe69 I WILL PLAY AND I WILL BEAT U

Old 02-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

No DirtVH, I have never done nor wanted to hook my quad to another to see who could pull who. I see this as stupid and imature and I can not see the willful destruction of something I have worked hard for and purchased and then destroy. I would agree that you would rip or mangle the racks as they are not solid like the frame. The people who do this have more then likely been given this quad and do not see it in the eyes that I do. When you earn and pay for something you take better care of it. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'd put my money on the quest and the polaris 700 , Remember when you get over 10.000 ft the machine not to have is a sputtering yamaha. Jetum when you go up then have to rejetum when you come down. The high country is honda country . Cluched my pol 700 what a dif. remember weigh has its advantages and thats why the quest and the polaris 700s are hard to beat.

Old 02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

The vehicle with most traction would win.
The amount of traction in a typical tug-a-war scenario, would be mostly influenced by weight, type of tires used and vehicle height could be important, if they aren't the same height.( power is also relevant to a point).
If you tie 2 quads back to back and one of them is either higher or has the attachement point higher than the other one....upon applying pulling force at both ends the higher vehicle will steal traction from the lower vehicle as the higher vehicle's rear end will be pulled downwards, while the lower vehicle will be pulled upwards, resulting in less traction.

Old 02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Good point because all of the big bores are have so much power that there going to spin there wheels. It comes down to weight and the more weight the more traction and the better they are at tug wars. I see guys talk about how there machines weigh less and handle better than the polaris 700 and the quest and its true but it also has its down falls too. Every machine shines at something but they are not the best at everything.Ive owned Hondas.yamahas.arctic cats,and polaris and every machine did something better than the rest.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Throw the quads on a pavement not dirt, this will let power influence the outcome alot more because of the awesome traction.

Do not put the rope on the damn racks!! Put it on the hitches, on an IRS quad this will suck down the rear end and create more traction, thats why the Grizzly beat the P650.

Anyways, have fun destroying your quads, lol.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I personally recommend using the front rack to front rack LOL

Old 02-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I was hoping to hear the results if Roscoe and Jim-Bob tied their belts together with 50 or 60 feet of old fence wire and got a running start which one lands closest to the out house. And if you married your sister do you still get any bennefit out of wearing a helmet.

Old 02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey DIRTVA the suzuki 500 quadmaster is under rated don't you think [killer atv]. what year power stroke do you have.

Quick Reply: OCuld the strongest stack atv really be the grizzly?