Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

The best is the best and not just because you live close to the factory. The Vinson 500 took 3rd in a recent mag test behind the rincon(no thank-you) and prarie/twinpeaks.(YES PLEASE) Polaris is a comfortable quad but it usally ranks near the bottom of a shootout,unless it is a Canadian owned mag then they favor the 3 north american manufactures. Fit and finish plus the weight of the quad is important. Ask about the polaris 4wheel dv system or better yet go to atvtv.com they have really acurate non bias reviews. My eiger kicks both of my neighbors 500 polaris sportsman ho's unless we are on an open roads drag racing. Also brake systems are important . You need to be able to split the braking chores between the front and the rear. As for your wifes quad You might want to get her a 500 or bigger also, If you decide to sell they will hold there value better, and they are close to if not the same physically in size and wieghtto the open class machines. power gets you out of alought of situations and as long as you respect that it won't get you in trouble. Plus if your bike breaks you won't mind borrowing hers, as long as she dosen't .

Old 08-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dependind on what you want to do with it I would reccomend a rincon or rubicon for you and a rancher 400 at for the wife. The rincon is the best trail/utility atv I have ever rode. If you are planning on doing some real work or a lot of mudding I would reccomend the rubi.

p.s. be safe over there in Iraq thanks for protecting us from the evil doers.

Old 08-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sportsman 500 HO for you and a trailboss 330 for the wife! the trailboss is 2 wheel drive auto.
and you know about the sp's having the best 4x4 on the market! power wheelys on comand!!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The polaris sportsman 700 EFI is in my mind the best sport/utility quad out there right now. it's like buying a workhorse and a sport quad in one. yes it has racks and 4x4 but it does 70 mph and has front and rear independant suspension and awsome looks too. the 04's look great, for 05' polaris changed the plastic and did some light changes which I don't like but are still great quads. if you don't want to go as big as the 700 twin, the Polaris sportsman 500 H.O. is the overall best way to go. still has lots of power but drops down to a single cylinder, little less vibration but lose torque and speed. I hear of more people going with this quad than any other due to it's overall power, handling, easy to use, and cost, I know alot of people with the 500 H.O. and they never have problems with them. EVER...
thats HIS MIND
i'm not trying to say that polaris is bad or anything but its a fact that the prairie 700 is the best sport utility atv out there

Old 08-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris 500 H.O. for you
Polaris 400 for her ( or maybe a 335 )
Both are very good bikes and I have been very impressed with the 500. I used to hate Pol-Cats but thats because the people i was riding with were tearing them up every time they got in the saddle. Now I have learned its just Ridder Error and not the Machines Fault.
Also the Praire 700 and Praire 360 are great Rides. I have ridden with a 700 and I have ridden the 360 and i really liked it. Only complaint i could give Kawi on those bikes is there Tranny's are a little noisy compared to other auto's.

Old 08-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kawasaskirules
The polaris sportsman 700 EFI is in my mind the best sport/utility quad out there right now. it's like buying a workhorse and a sport quad in one. yes it has racks and 4x4 but it does 70 mph and has front and rear independant suspension and awsome looks too. the 04's look great, for 05' polaris changed the plastic and did some light changes which I don't like but are still great quads. if you don't want to go as big as the 700 twin, the Polaris sportsman 500 H.O. is the overall best way to go. still has lots of power but drops down to a single cylinder, little less vibration but lose torque and speed. I hear of more people going with this quad than any other due to it's overall power, handling, easy to use, and cost, I know alot of people with the 500 H.O. and they never have problems with them. EVER...
thats HIS MIND
i'm not trying to say that polaris is bad or anything but its a fact that the prairie 700 is the best sport utility atv out there
Without a doubt, if you want the best mix possible of utility and sport, you want a Prairie 700 or Twinpeaks 700 as of right now. We will have to wait and see if the KingQuad 700 dethrones the Prairie/Twinpeaks as the new king of sport-utility, but I doubt it will. Those V-Twins are sweet and Polaris just weighs too much which deminishes the "tossability."

Old 08-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

ok, all you prairie people, prairies are sports utes aimed more at sport. like i said if you want more sportiness, go with the prairie. the ride will suffer compared to an IRS machine. RedGoblin, it's funny i only live about 20 mins from you in Fillmore, and an IRS machine will give a more comfortable ride than a solid rear axle machine, but they won't be as sporty. so yes, the ride will suffer. BTW all you prairie people, you may beat me in a race or on a fast paced trail ride, but i'd take any of you on in the snow or a mud bog contest, and i won't have a rear axle dragging through the stuff!

Old 08-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

ACTUALLY, if you pay any attention to the national mud bogs around this country, the Prairies are dominating. The snow is absolutely no obstacle what so ever either. Ride one for yourself.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier Traxter 650, and the Bombardier Outlander 400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

read the mud shootouts in any of the atv magazines, polaris comes out on top

Quick Reply: Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.