Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How many miles on your quad? Longest continuous trip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:13 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default How many miles on your quad? Longest continuous trip?

I would like to poll you guys and gals on your mileage. That'll help me figure how long I can expect this wheeler to go! I'm sure it will last me quite a few....And have you ever taken a real excursion that was more than just an afternoon ride (unless it was a really interesting ride) I would love to hear your stories![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]:

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 450kodi750gsxr250kx
I would like to poll you guys and gals on your mileage. That'll help me figure how long I can expect this wheeler to go! I'm sure it will last me quite a few....And have you ever taken a real excursion that was more than just an afternoon ride (unless it was a really interesting ride) I would love to hear your stories![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]:
Ill let you know after this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

No real long rides yet, but I have over 5,800 miles on my Rubi.

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Im not sure what my highest mileage is on one of my quads but I have gone for week long trips riding the whole time except when we camped at night...It's a blast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004 | 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

A little over 4850 miles, logest ride in one day, 128 miles. We will buy a new quad when this one had 10,000 miles on it. So far I have spent a total of $11.90 on worn out parts and just replaced our second right floorboard. And the skid plates are next, they are trashed.

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:38 PM
|
Trailblazer

Nice. Keep riding. 128 miles is a lot. You could have crossed through most of a state! Does the sound of your motor change when it warms up? They seem like kind of " tickey" motors. I can hear a lot of parts moving. Is your motor kind of loud? I always listen very carefully to engine noise when I first ride a new machine.

Old 09-24-2004 | 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know how many miles are on my recon, I can't even imagine, but a wide gues-ta-mate would be 15 to 20 thousand miles range because there has been weeks on end where it would be rode every day. It has slacked off over the past 6 months because I got my drivers licence so I have been working alot.
As for my longest ride would have to be 25-30 miles, not alot but it was about an all day ride, but my dream vacation would to pack lots of gas, a tent, some extra clothes, some spam, my axe, zippo, fishing pole and gps and head out not knowing where I am going with just my gps to tell me how to get back after about 3 weeks of riding.

Oh yeah I would have to bring my camera to show everyone here I had been and for all the sweet memories they would bring.

Old 09-25-2004 | 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

The engine has made a lot of different little noises over the years, I quit listening to them. They change, but are never loud enough to worry about. Our Rubicon runs better than it did when it was brand new. It flys, but then it has Wings.

The 128 miles was put on it riding a section of the Piaute Trails from Marysvale to Koosharem and a few side trails in-between, nice ride. Have done several 100+ miles in one day, and had several rides that take all day and only travel 15-20 miles.

ATV's are great.

Old 09-25-2004 | 07:25 AM
Pro Rider

I've got just over 4000km on my Warrior (2500 miles) and the longest continuous trip I made (keep in mind there WERE break stops) was 240km (150miles)

Old 09-25-2004 | 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Don't remember my Longest Trip (over 200 miles)
BUT...... I have a 2001 Yamaha Grizzly with OVER 21 Thousand (21,000) Miles that I put on it (I Bought it NEW)
Even my Dealer (where I bought it) couldn't believe it, But their records confirmed it!
Tim

Quick Reply: How many miles on your quad? Longest continuous trip?