Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Eagle Plows

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle Plows

Has anyone heard anything about these? They're in the latest ATV Magazine and have a hydraulic turn kit! This kit alone cost $389.00......yikes! But I like the idea of not have to get off to angle. Any feedback???

Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

I am also looking for this information! Thanks for any input.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

I recently purchased a 60" Eagle plow and hydlaulic turn kit through recstuff.com. The turn kit was $349. The company is located in MN, so shipping is free in MN, WI, IA, ND and SD. I haven't got a chance to install the plow yet, because I was sent the wrong mounting bracket. The new bracket will be here tomorrow or Wed. I originally saw the turn kit in action at a Gander Mountain Hunt/Fish/Camp store. It seems to work really well. I also got a chance to try it out at the Mpls Snowmobile/Ski show in early Dec. I also understand the turn kit is available for other brands of plows. Once it's installed and I have a chance to put it through a workout, I'll let you know what I think.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eagle Plows

I might be wrong but i think Cycle Country has an electric blade angle kit aswell.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

Originally posted by: KQowner
I recently purchased a 60" Eagle plow and hydlaulic turn kit through recstuff.com. The turn kit was $349. The company is located in MN, so shipping is free in MN, WI, IA, ND and SD. I haven't got a chance to install the plow yet, because I was sent the wrong mounting bracket. The new bracket will be here tomorrow or Wed. I originally saw the turn kit in action at a Gander Mountain Hunt/Fish/Camp store. It seems to work really well. I also got a chance to try it out at the Mpls Snowmobile/Ski show in early Dec. I also understand the turn kit is available for other brands of plows. Once it's installed and I have a chance to put it through a workout, I'll let you know what I think.
Here is what I found out so far on:
http://traxms.com/Merchant2/merchant...ries_Hydraulic
for $388.

American Eagle Hydraulic Turn Kit
A self contained unit with no hoses.
1000 lbs. of pressure in both directions.
1000 lbs. of holding pressure,
No pins, Pulleys or Cables here!
Available For American, Cycle-Country, Moose or Warn Plows

It doesn't mention wiring or a handlebar switch. You take the locking pin out completely. I don't know the travel length yet either. Answer will come tomorrow.

I also think that I found a place for about $289.00 + 15.00 S&H. I'll know tomorrow and let you know.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

Originally posted by: RoscoePW
I might be wrong but i think Cycle Country has an electric blade angle kit aswell.
As far as I've be told, Cycle Country kit only works with the CC plow. It's about $293.00 MSRP. Read the mesage above for the latest Hydraulic Turn Kit.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

Originally posted by: damguy
Has anyone heard anything about these? They're in the latest ATV Magazine and have a hydraulic turn kit! This kit alone cost $389.00......yikes! But I like the idea of not have to get off to angle. Any feedback???
I found this at http://www.truckandsport.com/ for $289.00 + $15.00 S&H. They put it back on eBay after I talked to them. I ordered one and hopefully will get it installed this weekend. It's -5 degree without the wind chill, not sure if I will get to it. I'll let you know how it works. I have the install instructions if you would like to look at them?

Old 01-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eagle Plows

Originally posted by: dfoster
Originally posted by: damguy
I found this at http://www.truckandsport.com/ for $289.00 + $15.00 S&H. They put it back on eBay after I talked to them. I ordered one and hopefully will get it installed this weekend. It's -5 degree without the wind chill, not sure if I will get to it. I'll let you know how it works. I have the install instructions if you would like to look at them?
I forgot to say that http://www.truckandsport.com/ does NOT have this on their web page. You will have to call. Sarah was my salesperson.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eagle Plows

Thanks for the replies but Dfoster how did the hydraulic angle unit work? Does it have a handlebar switch? Is it easy to install? I checked out the truck and sports website and the price is up to $332.00 . What about Kowner. How do you like yours? Any input appreciated guys.
Thanks, Damguy

Old 01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eagle Plows

I have the 60" Eagle plow and it works really well. I can remove or install the plow in less than one minute. It has a two piece mount also so there is a flat plate mounted to the atv and then four crriage bolts hold the mount to the plate. In the summer it is a matter of loosing the four bolts and sliding the mount forward and it is off. It takes about 5 minutes and you have all your ground clearance back for trail riding. I don't have the hydro-turn kit , But one of the parts guys at the dealer I bought the plow from has one on his atv and he claims it works great. I didn't buy it because even here in Mn I don't plow enough to spend $350.00 on the kit. If I had a lot of plowing to do it would be worth it. The company that makes them is less than 20 miles from where I live here in Minnesota. It is every bit as good as a Moose plow in my opinion. I seen the kit installed on the plow and it looks like it would work well. I didn't see where the switch is on the Atv, But I am pretty sure it is on the handle bars.

Quick Reply: Eagle Plows