Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Beefier sterring rods

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004 | 03:46 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Beefier sterring rods

After many trips and complaints to the dealer about how my traxter would not turn as tight as a honda. He told me I would have to live with it. Seems like thats getting to be the favorite answer of some dealers. Anyhow he had the mechanic try and line it up again. The mechanic has eyes like Columbo, I guess he can't see what he needs to see. I took it home and proceeded to hit a rock with the left tire and bent the hell out of the left steering rod. Having a poker run the next day and no time for the dealer, I found a local fellow who use to work at a Kawasaki dealer.
First thing he notices, the mech. didn't tighten the nuts on the end of the rods. Guess he couldn't see that either. This guy hammered the rod straight as he could and lined up the front end with a touch of toe in and MY GOD it was a new machine I had to get use to steering and running all over again. It now turns better and eaiser than a honda. I know the left rod is a little weeker now. So can any one tell me where I can get a more heavy duty steering rods for the front end of a Bombardier Traxter. Or I was even thinking if there are no such bars, pipes that would snugly slide over my present bars to keep them from bending. Thanks for any help Ps I apolagise to all people missing an eye and didn't mean to offend.