Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

MBRP pipe for '02 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP pipe for '02 Grizzly

I think I'll check them both out a bit more. I'm really looking for a lower clutch engagement.

I used to be able to lower the engagement and also raise the shift-out point at the precise rpm on the tach where the engine made the most hp on the Polaris-type clutches with a Thunder shift kit. The Yamaha clutch kits don't offer that type of adjustability "yet". In fact, I'm not sure it can be accomplished with this type of a clutch system.

I have eliminated the Grizz 22 mph Differential Lock rev limiter and the reverse rev limiter with a switch so you can toggle on-off. I've also got rid of the rear brake / shift lock so you don't have to activate the rear brake to shift. If you need instructions, let me know. i do a lot of snow plowing since we get about 175" in a typical winter here. Those changes have made it a lot easier to plow with.

Now only if Yamaha will either change the side the shifter is on or change the sides the f/r handlebar brakes are on, I would be very happy. It does not appear that the brake lever change can easily be done.