Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

water

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water

Make sure you get your first attempt on video. I wanna see this.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default water

what you could do is start and hit the creek topped out but make sure you keep going and try to hydroplane the four wheeler

Old 07-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default water

yes that is exactly what im going to do. HYDROPLANE A 4X4 HONDA 300!!!!!!!!!!! actualy it sounds kinda cool, if it could go fast enough

Old 07-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default water

hmm heres what i think u should do:

1. possibly buy yourself a argo
2. you could hyrdoplane like 2phast4you stated
3. u could just, drive around the water lol
4. make your own trails
5. idk where i'm going w/this but u prolly shouldnt do it, i got water in through my intake in wisconsin..it wasnt good

Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default water

I own a 87 Suzuki Lt-f230 that has oversize tires on the front and rear. It floats like a dream and will power itself and steer in the water. I weight 185 pounds and I drove/floated it across a 3 mile wide lake.

It is really funny to see the reactions on boaters faces lol. Just beware of wake that might tip you over sideways.

It really is great to say, that 100 foot deep lake isnt going to stop me!

Remeber!!!!!! On a 2wd you will have to return to shore at a angle. If you do not the front tires will hit the shore and the back ones will be flaoting with no traction. then you will have to shift in reverse and the wheeler will die out and you know what that means.

I have a extension on the back of the exhaust so I can stop and start mine in the water with no problems.

I also have a 98 kingquad 400 4x4 that floats using oversize tires and sealed PVC tubes on the front and back.

You can buy tubes or even air bags on the net but they arent cheap!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default water

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: derky

Despite the laughter and other things you are getting here, there is a way to get the bikes to
float, although you have to pull them through the water and you have to get wet. One of the old
3 wheeler tricks is to bring a few empty 5 gallon gas cans with you and strap them on the
bike before you cross the deep stuff. Just leave the engine idling when you cross to keep water
out of the exhaust and you will be fine. This only works in water you can walk in, if it is
10 feet of water, you will have to use some sort of raft, good luck with that.</end quote></div>

Why would you have to walk it?? I have a suzuki lt-f230 and a 98 kingquad 400 and both of them float, drive and steer with me on them. The lt-f230 floats with oversize tires only and the 400 floats with oversize tires and sealed pvc tubes on the front and back.

Crazy fun!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default water

Originally posted by MeYHymN: Make sure you get your first attempt on video. I wanna see this.

LOL!!!! Famous last words: "Ya'll watch this"!!!

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

Planned Parenthood: Destroying a Generation One Baby at a Time.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default water

oh my dug-up dead post....

I'd love to see pics of you floating on your quads there Degrayct

Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default water

I've seen several different versions of the same thing

Floats

I've also see pontoons that go on the sides rather than front/back as the above URL shows. Basically was a pair of bars under the floorboards hooked to inflatable pontoons on the sides.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default water

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RallyRider05

I've seen this done.

make extended racks/ bars and connect them to pvc pipe probabl 6 to 8 inch diamter glue a cap on the end and test it out.</end quote></div>

I have heard of this as well... two 7 foot long x 8" diameter PVC pipe capped at both ends. Then attached via rack extensions.. I mean if you are doing some serious cross country traveling then you would actually need this... the idea / concept is totally far fetched.

Quick Reply: water