Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

bombardier reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombardier reliability?

Dude man, your embarrasing us, stop.

We have to thank Honda and Suzuki as they did start this whole thing, and it it wasn't for them who knows where it would be today.
If you have looked around, Quebec is the province for Power sports, they have the biggest network in North America and the most diverse terrain. Take a look at a Quebec Skidoo Map or ATV Map, its unbelieveable and I'm not saying it because I live here, its a fact everyone knows that unless your just plain ignorant.
You should really educate yourself before you flap off, I live on the border of Ottawa, even when it comes to down hill skiing, everyone comes to quebec, as we have the mountains and scenery.
Its nothhing for us to do 100 mile trips on a ATV and not hit the same place twice and sled well guys are easily doing 200 mile plus rides. Call Loiselle Sports in Embrun Ont. and ask, most Ontario riders that buy from them go to Quebec, its just that good and diverse. Educate yourself and stop sounding like a red neck, its people like you that make good Canadians look bad. But I guess there are people like this where ever you go.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Range Rover

Dude man, Dude man...are you toking on a dwebe or what dude? I am aware of the trail system in PQ! the question was are Bomb ATV's reliable! In my opinion I wouldn't want to count on one, especially when there are other japanese quads that are more reliable. I know them at Loiselle and have spoken to Allan several times, in fact I almost bought my most recent quad there. Since you know everything then you must know that they sell Honada's at Loiselle too. You ask Allan what ATV's he thinks are the most reliable and what he sells more of [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Seems to me that we are dealing with a narrow minded Quebecer that flaps off in Dude language but considers himself a good Canadian [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] sorry pal but that doesn't qualify you. Your right though I am a redneck!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

All I can say is 3 year BUMPER TO BUMPER, atleast they back there products. And I'm glad I finally proved my point about Quebec and Ontario, we'll leave it at that.
Bombardier is not even close to #1 on the charts but they are one tough machine and they stand by there products. The truly toughest ATV today is the Traxter, if your looking for tough this is it, just look at the frame on this thing. Its heavy but handles work like no other. If you want power and ride quality, go with the Outander series, and from what I hear they can work well too, and are backed by the best warranty in the business and they throw things in, not like honda.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

yah! they throw things in to try to spark sales, that was my point earlier. Honda does not need to do that. They also give the three year warranty to boost sales, not because they are so confident in their product. Why don't they just build a better quad eh! A traxter is not as TOUGH as a FOREMAN....nothing ever has been or will be. The three warranty is also intended to help shake that awfull rep they had with regard to the **** poor quads they were building the first 3-4 years. You did not prove any point about Quebec trails, as I said I am aware of them and the terrain in Quebec. I travel to Tremblant regularily to ski and golf so I have never been ignorant to activities available in Quebec. You just got side tracked from the original topic, and in my opinion "BOMBARDIERS ARE NOT VERY RELIABLE" PERIOD

Old 08-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Stumppullers1,
Don't worry about Pete16, many of us kind of realized through his speech that he is very narrow minded ,and that only Honda can make it and Bombardiers are real cancers. Well, luckily it is only the case for Smiths Fall, Ontario. As for my part of the country, they have more than proven their reliability to their owners. They're one of the most respected brand in the ATV departement for what concerns quality, engineering and of course reliability. As for the snowsleds, we have to be honest, it is pretty close between them and Yamaha. The Arctic Cat, yes they are fast, but are considered to be less reliable and they offer the weakest snowsled structure. And, you know like I know the new Outty 800 is built with the best of every component available in the ATV world, so why would it be so terrible? On less you live in Smiths Fall, Ontario!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

You just got side tracked from the original topic, and in my opinion "BOMBARDIERS ARE NOT VERY RELIABLE" PERIOD
>>>>>>>>>

Do you own one? The DS650 was the ONLY quad to finish the Dakkar rally last year, I repeat, THE ONLY QUAD TO FINISH not a HONDEA or YAMAHA or SUZUKI but a BOMBARDIER! I have both the DS and Outlander models and have really had no problems, blown tire, dead battery and that's really about it. What is your point of reference? Obviously it's not first hand experience since you don't seem to own a BRP product. I have yet to have a single manufacturer problem cause a breakdown, only time stranded were rider errors, not the fault of the machine and my Outlander has been crashed pretty hard with zero mechanical problems, same with the DS rolled down a trail 20 ft and the only problems was a broken seat latch and some dirt in the controls, hell it never missed a beat. Compare the IRS on the Outlander to any quad, nobody comes close. The dealer I had my quads serviced at said that other then routine maintenance he hardly ever sees them for repairs...He said he has never even had to take a Rotax apart.

Again, what is your point of reference? I'm sharing first hand experience here, OH, BTW, I have a brand new HONDA Rincon that I have to take in after only 28 miles cause it sputters and stalls under semi hard braking then is hard to get started. It also stalls on hard acceleration until it's bee ridden for about a half hour, that can't be normal. Brand new, taken out of the crate less then three weeks ago. I'm not really worried, probably a simple adjustment but might as well take advantage of the warranty....OH, ONE MORE thing, Honda is offering a 2 yr warranty for $69 right now and $39 pmts. Oh, lower MSRP?? THEN WHAT? They are as much if not more then anything in their respective sizes/class.

Again, your point of reference please??

Old 08-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

"BOMBARDIERS ARE NOT VERY RELIABLE" PERIOD

Wow what a strong opinion... the ds is big and bulky, but can keep on tickin. With 4 yrs of havin my ds, all i've changed is the brake pads and a fuse.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

I believe every machine has pro's and con's and some machines will go befor others for example 2 atvs that are the same, put them threw the same test and they will have problems sooner of later but not at the same time and maybe not the same problem. Some atvs are just lemons and bad workmanship by who ever put it together. You will see every rider has different opinion of every brand due to some go befor other and due to every one not being the same and having different peferences. They seem to have a few probs the 800 bomb, but don't aspect any atv you get to be problem free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] especial polairs lol

Old 08-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Steveo10
"BOMBARDIERS ARE NOT VERY RELIABLE" PERIOD

Wow what a strong opinion... the ds is big and bulky, but can keep on tickin. With 4 yrs of havin my ds, all i've changed is the brake pads and a fuse.
I admit my statement was not based on experience, and I really don't no alot about sport quads or the DS. I've really only been around utility quads,and do have a good 20 years of experience with them. I am obviously dealing with alot of BRP lovers here and that's fine. I just through my opinion out there and you guys don't need to be insulted and just ignore it for that matter. My statement is however based on what I've been told on a regular basis, witnessed myself (in terms of seeing guys broken down) and I have 4 different multi brand dealerships fairly close and they all have said the same thing about BRP. When they all sell several different brands they don't care which one they sell you, so I take them to be fairly truthfull. Go to the "BEST BUILD QUALITY AND/OR RELIABILTY" thread and see what the general consensus is there. I don't think you will find that its Bombardier! BTW it's in the "UTILITY QUADS" section, and if you want discuss reliability of the DS since that's the one that's so great I believe that would be done in the SPORT QUAD section.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: LittleBoy
Stumppullers1,
Don't worry about Pete16, many of us kind of realized through his speech that he is very narrow minded ,and that only Honda can make it and Bombardiers are real cancers. Well, luckily it is only the case for Smiths Fall, Ontario. As for my part of the country, they have more than proven their reliability to their owners. They're one of the most respected brand in the ATV departement for what concerns quality, engineering and of course reliability. As for the snowsleds, we have to be honest, it is pretty close between them and Yamaha. The Arctic Cat, yes they are fast, but are considered to be less reliable and they offer the weakest snowsled structure. And, you know like I know the new Outty 800 is built with the best of every component available in the ATV world, so why would it be so terrible? On less you live in Smiths Fall, Ontario!
Oh BTW littleboy, Smiths Falls is spelled with an "S" not Smiths Fall. I realize Quebecers can have problems with certain letters in the english language though. Ski-Doo's are nowhere near the quality of Yamaha sleds! Lets not get too carried away when you say "most respected brands in the ATV department" lets see they've been making quads since when? Let's talk about reliablity in 20 years and then maybe BRP could possibly gain some respect.

Quick Reply: bombardier reliability?