Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Yamaha Terrapro mower

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Terrapro mower

I have an 88 terrapro mower RC42 that appears to be in really good shape. I mowed a 3 acre patch with it and it works great. I have a tractor so I may be putting this mower up for sale. Any idea what it is worth?

Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

We also have an 88 TerraPro. We have the FC42 (FC = finish cut). The mowers were expensive when they were new, but ours has held up for 18 years now.

You didn't say if you were going to sell the mower alone or with the quad. My guess is that the mower alone would be virtually worthless unless you happened to find another TerraPro owner. eBay would be your best shot at that.

While I can't complain about the reliability, I honestly couldn't imagine trail riding on the TerraPro. The thing rides like a board, it's noisy and it's slow. Compared to ATV's of the last ten years, it is sorely lacking.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you would definately have to locate the right buyer. I doubt many people would be happy with the TerraPro as a quad, and it is clumsy as a mower.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

My original intent would have been to sell the mower only - obviously to someone who already has a terra pro. The mower's condition looks like it's maybe 3 or 4 years old and has been stored inside. I know it is older, but it is in very good condition.

I was thinking about keeping the quad because I like the low range gearing. I was going to cut some small trees down and I think the low gearing would help me pull them around where they need to go and use it to pull a small trailer around. My second thought was to sell the whole rig and just buy a quad. I really do not need the mower.

Just looking at options. The optimum would be to find somebody close that just wanted to trade.

Thanks for the input.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any idea how much you would want for it?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good question. I bought it not long ago and began mowing a 3 acre plot. I have subsequently bought a tractor and do not need it to mow. I also bought a new Service manual & changed the fluids. The front fender is broken. The previous owner just put a steel plate under it to bolt it back together. The gauge to the speedometer is clouded so you can't really see what's under there, but it appeared to be working. I The right hand PTO throttle cable was broken off at the small handlebar brake housing, so the small nipple of the housing was broken. A steel plate has been screwed on top of the handlebar brake housing that is the cabel held into place. It all works find, it just looks a little odd. The front tires are in great shape, but if I keep it, I was planning on replacing the rear. It runs rough at idle and dies some, but above idle it seems to run great. There are no oil residues on the bottom of the ATV so it looks pretty tight. I sharpened the mower blades but was planning on replacing them maybe next year - since it seemed to cut the field I mow just fine.

The way I'll sell it is if I get enough to replace with a four wheeler without the mower. The mower is just taking up space in my shop. I was looking at around 1500 -if I get get a replacement for that. If not, my plan is to rebuild the carb and keep it.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

After posting the prior answer and looking into some used atv's in my area, I'm not sure I can replace this with an atv for $1500. I'll keep looking but I'm quite surprised at the prices. I would prefer something that has the racks - like the terra. I'm going to keep looking around.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you have a price you want for the rc mower please post it and a way to contact you.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

nailzscott,
How did you decide to to sell the mower for the terra pro?

Old 05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was watching a terra pro mower on ebay that has 1 day left. It's not in near as good of shape as the one I have and it is at a little over $600 with a day left. I was thinking the price would be in that range but I may want to take both the terra pro and mower to a local dealer and see about swapping both for just a utility type four wheeler, cause that's all I really need. I wish I could just trade. As stated earlier, I have a tractor now so I do not need the mower, which is just taking up space. Email nailzscott54@hotmail.com.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Finally got some pictures of the Terra Pro and RC 42. They can be viewed at:
www.nailzfamily.net, the tab named "Stuff".

Quick Reply: Yamaha Terrapro mower