Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Help picking a Ute...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help picking a Ute...

I would say a used 05'-06' King Quad or a Cat V2, I think both of those are pretty good pics and have all the items you listed. You can generally find The kings brand new in the 6 grand price range. I would say the new King powered cat but I doubt you would be able to find a used one and as I recall they are priced like can-am's are when comparing new machines.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

lol catterman is alright, dont give him hell.

polaris is just plain better LOL

you still gotta let me ride that H1 C[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred

you still gotta let me ride that H1 C[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Fred you come and visit me and I will let you take it out all day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

I have never had any problems the times I have started my Polaris SP500HO using the pullcord. Maybe Catterman needs to bulk up a little and build some strength in his arms. BTW...I have never had to use the pullcord due to a breakdown or battery failure but just to make sure it works properly. Whatever quad your Dad decides on will be okay cuz they all make good products.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Range Rover

i know my 500's have a compretion reless so if i ever have to use the pull cord i flip it and it pulls so easy! i think an arctic cat would be great for you more than the pol for one big reason the 4x4 system, pol back wheels HAVE to spin before it will engauge,the cat is in when you flip the switch. also if you plow down hill then try to back up the pol disengauges and the cat wont.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

foreman 500 es, 2 inche lift, 27inch outlaws ,detroit locker= perfect![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: SafetySean
Maybe Catterman needs to bulk up a little and build some strength in his arms.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trvman
i know my 500's have a compretion reless so if i ever have to use the pull cord i flip it and it pulls so easy! i think an arctic cat would be great for you more than the pol for one big reason the 4x4 system, pol back wheels HAVE to spin before it will engauge,the cat is in when you flip the switch. also if you plow down hill then try to back up the pol disengauges and the cat wont.
im sorry but your slightly confused.

the polaris sytmes works just like most trucks, and the trucks seem to plow fine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

odd isent it????

Old 10-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred

Fred you come and visit me and I will let you take it out all day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
if you get it to stay running that long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

What trucks spin 20% then lockup? I lock in my hubs (live axle on ATV's, not needed) and shift into 4x4. Bam it's in, can't say I'd like it to spin 20% then lock up. Sounds a little rough on the drivetrain.

Quick Reply: Help picking a Ute...