Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

The DUEL is on.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006 | 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default The DUEL is on.......

No videos? Please tell me someone aleast took pics.

Old 11-05-2006 | 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

Im sorry to say, No video's, I know I stated that there would be, but to many things to pack and remember for the trip just totaly forgot.
I know it sucks cause I would have loved to had some video footage.. oh-well always the memories..lol
Like the saying go's theres always next time..

Old 11-05-2006 | 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

There is time yet this year to make another run down there...

Hey Instigater you think you can squeez another trip in before Dec16??

Old 11-05-2006 | 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I just marked it on the calender, Dec 9th. Hope it works for all other contestants. The first Saturday I have to watch the kids, The second will work for me, The third they wil be closed for 4 monthes.

Fits is raging about me thinking that I won. Maybe I think this because, I use much less throttle to achieve the same results. Also, (He admits to this) I can stop in a hole and start again, while he can not. He HAS to keep moving. I would assume that this means I have an easier time in the stuff, but he still claims otherwise. I want all the marbles, but I guess a hung jury is not going to grant it. I talked to him a little while ago, he is at the food stand headed back to the truck. He denies that Bubba gave me a vote, I thought I heard him chime in with the guys that agreed with me. He said, Bubba was telling him how good his sounded on the second attempt. OK???? That doesn't mean that he gave you a vote. I figure it this way. Dec. 9th(if it works out) we will do it again, this time we promise to have video evidence. I think we should bring a stop watch too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wonder what would happen, if I get the big hoss reved up like the Grizz was! Probably rip the bottom out so Grizzlys can't go through![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2006 | 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

well i knew this is how it would go. for u jap gys. the grizz went thru everything the mv7 went thru. and i did not break a thing. the first time i tried 4x4 without diff lock. and i just slowly drove into it i struggled. and the 15 lbs of air is not the trick. even though it gives u some more ground clearance .the mv7 i dont see how it won hands down. with my mud buster cam and clutch set up. i do have to get some rpm up to get into the power. the mv7 is geared like a d9 dozer. the engine winds up but the tires move slower. with my 2nd pass. in diff lock. my engine was screaming at its higher rpm range and my tires were screaming. i went thru this pit with the nose of the grizz riding hi. the butt was down and the nose stayed on top of the muk. now if im able to spin my tires at this speed and my engine is at its higher rpm range. how can i be laboring. these other fellas thought that with the noise my quad made from my fmf pipe. and my engine screaming that i was laboring. if my tires were not spinning and my engine was lugged down. then id say i was laboring. the only issue i had was after i was completely out of the bog. my plug boot came off and in went some water. so i let it dry out. now the mv7 was broke. i went thru the same hole in two wheel drive that the mv7 went thru. and then back to 4 wheel. and i went completely back thru the bog from the other end. again. and the grizz went back down on sunday and did it again. without breakage. and the poll that i heard when i was back. was the two skirt wearing ones. the one rides a pol. and does not like me cause i cuss. and wanted to leave. the other was mad because after two hours he wanted to go home.and did not know his way back. and rides a pol. the other pol. rider never said anything in front of me. so i guess that one just told each of us what we wanted to hear. and the two suzuki riders. one said i screamed thru it the 2nd time. and the other suz rider said the same thing. but thought we were about 50 50.. they thought they both did good. and yes the mv backed thru part of one pit. and i never tried that. well one hole i did. so without any unbiased opinion i guess thats the end. im not saying i won this. but the mv did not win this no hands down. i went thru each thing the mv7 went thru. and then some. without breakage.. the mv7 is very impressve. with its tractor like gearing. u can stop in the worst of muck. and bring the tires back up to some speed. i do not have this power right off idle. but with my engine at the rpm where it builds power. it screams. and then no slowing down. the mv tractored thru it like a bull dozer. the grizz went thru it screaming rpm. and the nose stayed up above the muck. so if hi rpm and fast tire spinning and loud exhaust is laboring well then guess thats what it is. but if she was able to go at these hi rpms. and keep its nose up. while going thru id say it did its job. look at a highlifter race quad in a pit. the noses are usually up. so the grizz went where the mv did. the mv went where the grizz did. the mv is geared like a tractor. and can get power right off idle. the grizz has to get some revs to get into the power. so guess we need to work on that. the grizz has impressive power up hi. the pol. has impressive pulling ability way down low. and also the mv7 in reverse has the same tractor like gearing. where the grizz in rev. does not have this low gearing. but guess foward momentum is good. so yes i like the pol. mv7, i was very impressed with it. and it would take a guy like inst. to ride this thing like he does. i dont see any ordinary fella manhandle this thing like he does. so polaris gys. if u like d9 dozer gearing. the mv7 is for u.. im sure ud like it. i think ill stick with my grizz though. im not running right out and buy a pol... im actually getting interested in a kaw. brute 750. but not enough input yet. so as of now i dont see where the pol. mv is any better then a yamaha or any other jap ride for that matter. its all in preference. but yes i was outnumbered with 4 pol. riders. so guess that deffinatley was not unbiased. but these gys are my bestest friends!!!! and it was alot of fun.. but for the fatty ohssss.. the mudzillas came to me because of instigater. and as of now. they are the baddest tires on the planet. very very impressive. they smoked my bi and tri claws. now next ill have to try some outlaws. but for now. for just any thing u can throw at them. id say mudzilla!!!!!! so yes yes. i liked the pol.. yea yea. i was sad to see it break. i did not want to see that. i thought id probably break a stock front axle. but did not. gorilla here we come. and no im not red faced. nore was my neck. untill i kept hearing. how far to the truck. when will we get back. when when. ill never go to wayne with u again.. ooops. i drove my own truck. own trailer and own quads. i go and leave when i want. the four of us are very hard core. the other two ride for about ten miles and there done. so the hole trip was great except for that. so take it how u want. i just want to ride with my friends. i like my buddies suz king quads alot. alot alot. and i like inst. mv7. it fits him to a T. and he now has a ride he can use. and run amuck with. but for now. ill stick with old grizz. man wish we had pics.so my opinion is. tires, setup, where ur power is at. many things come into play here. and no these are not stock quads battling each other. and u do need someone unbiased who just doesnt care. and u could put zillas on about any big quad. and have a monster..welp here comes nitrous eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk. now enough of this lets go ride. but please no more skirt wearing riders..

Old 11-06-2006 | 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: [b]qQ]
oh by the way dont crush me u big russian.. you still one of my bestest quad riding friends.. and i really hope our zillas dont make us look fat

Old 11-06-2006 | 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have decided and made the purchase of 4 Gorilla axles. My dealer gave me a price that I could not refuse, $315 each! They will be here in 5 business days. Plenty of time before the next bog, Dec 9th! I am looking to get the 2 inch lift from rubberdown too!

Old 11-06-2006 | 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhh bravo captain. that was a good purchase for that d9 dozer. u probably wont break them now. dec. 9th the bog may be froze. we would just skip over the ice. next we need nitrous, bigger higher, more more. when does it end. ive got to get another quad. soon this thing wont be trail rideable any more. and what on earth will we do for food at this time.. we may starve and freeze back there in the bog. and have to wait till spring to thaw out.. we need to start the long haul hard core riders club. and yes i agree we need to spend about a day in the bog. but we may want to go there just ourselves. id say after a while it does get boaring to others that are there. ive got to see about getting some lower cog for the grizz. i may change cams to somthing with less duration to reagain some off idle power. and im going to try one of those highlifter sd clutch kits. and maybe some spray.. now that would bring anything to life in the mud. hay bubba likes it....