Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snowbear plow

Old 11-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

Hi catmanv2,

I like the plow and it works just fine.

It took 3 weeks for Canadian Tire to get the plate that would fit on my Kodiak.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

That's alright Neurodog.

I going to try emailing SnowBear customer service and ask if there is another size bracket available.

If not, I've got an arc welder and some scrap billet steel..I'll see if I can tack weld some extensions on the the bracket ends. Or I could use a large nut and bolt assembly in place of the bar that goes over the rails that the eyehooks for the lower portion of the bracket could fit on.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

can you send me the manual in .pdf format? I am looking to make my own mount with an old aluminum plow that was given to me. Thanks

please send to jrbmet1 at hotmail dot com. thanks

Old 02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snowbear plow

I have a plow that mounts off the rear hitch of my 1999 trail boss ,and a small bracket bolted up front with a piviot in front of that ,totally self designed ,works awesome ,self made manual lift ,53" with piviot .takes about a minute to take the plow off ,about 3 to put it back on ,

Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default Snowbear plow

I have one of these plows and got it from sams club.

so far I have not been impressed. The manual lift is a night mare to use. It takes so much effort to lift. The strap that comes with it is ridiculous, so I switched to a chain and that helped some. No matter what I try I still have to put alot of effort into lifting this plow.

The mounting that the actualy lifts the plow with the 2 metal guides is very flimsy. The 2 metal guides that keep the plow assembly from sliding to the left or right bends with hardly any abuse. I have no problem doing my driveway but when I do my sidewalks the guides dont keep the plow straight and the plow swerves left and right taking up chunks of grass as I move forward eventully the weight just pushes the snow to the side and you get off course quickly.

I found that taking off the piece that slides along the plow frame off made it alot easier to lift the plow but then it there is absolutely nothing to eliminate any play from side to side. Im not sure what else to try, I am now pondering selling it and going with a name brand.

I have to admit its easy to mount and take off, but that long frame takes up alot of space when not in use. Another great feature is its really simple to change the plow angle/direction.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow"></title><script src=

Hey, bud could you when you get a chance send me a copy of that PDF Manual on the snowbear plow.

Thank-you H20GuY

Old 02-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snowbear plow"></title><script src=

i have a pdf i found from their website but I no longer see the link on their website, if you pm me your email address I can email it to you

does anybody have any good suggestions on how to run the strap and how much slack to use for the lifting assembly for the manual lift?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
I have the PDF version of the manual if anyone would like to take a look. It's 1.7 MB, about 20 pages, and includes some photos of parts and mounting procedure.

I'll also try to snap a few pics of the problems I'm having when I try to make it fit this weekend.
do you think you could send me that pdf [email protected] thanks

Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to revive this, but does anyone have a copy of the manual they could send me? I inherited a plow, can't figure out the mounting, and even Snow bear customer service can't find a copy.