Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Program the FI system on Grizzly 700

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program the FI system on Grizzly 700

I tried askin on the general Yamaha forums... but nobody responded... so I'll try it in here too...

Has anyone maxed out their Fuel Injection on their Grizzly 700 yet? In the video I saw, it states a 16% increase in Horsepower based off of speed increase... (You do it via the Electronic display, similar to Yami's street bikes) I haven't had a chance to change mine yet... but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed a difference in performance...

Old 12-27-2006, 06:20 PM
DS2
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] just following you around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

I think it's safe to say that you are 2 of the Grizzly 700 pioneers in this forum.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

On Nyroc and Highlifter forums there are guys that are saying there is an increase. But it seems that it only makes a noticable increase in power when combined with an aftermarket performance exhaust. On a stock quad, I can't imagine it doing much, it would be like re-jetting a carb bike without doing any exhaust or intake mods. Kinda pointless, and it would make the bike run too rich(not good). Also, it would be a good idea to open up your intake as well. They say putting the settings up over 100 with a performance exhaust makes the Grizz sputter a bit at idle, probably due to not opening up the air intake. Just what I see other ppl saying, could be wrong tho.

Hope this helps.

-Krait

Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

FITSofRAGE bumped his number up to 20(168 is max), he said, he noticed a difference! Still stock, except the tires!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, wasn't figuring on that. Interesting. I wonder if it will have any adverse affects on the motor long term? Who knows, but thx for the update Instigater. At least Yamaha stepped up and offered a quad with programmable EFI right from the factory, unlike the other's where you NEED to buy a Dobeck or Power Commander. Weither or not Yamaha did this on purpose, or it is just a byproduct of using street bike efi systems, only Yamaha knows.

Good to know Instigater.

Is your MV7 EFI? Might be worth checking to see if other EFI quads have this feature and we've all overlooked it somehow.....sure would be sweet if they do!

-Krait

Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I am sure yamaha knew what they were doing......they have their @ss on the line with these machines

The (adjustable and diagnostic) pod cluster they offered is something totally new and not offered on any of their other quads, just another reason to get a grizzly 700 efi

Old 01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

ive got mine on 90 at this point.with the gyt-r pipe. i had it up without the pipe. and yes it makes a difference. on the vid with the one armed gy. he gained 8 mph in his standing start 1/8 mile run. that was with the stock pipe, tires etc.. the gyt r pipe is kinda louder then i expected. i like it. it sounds really good. not too load. just nice. and it will not hurt ur engine. its no different then jetting a carb. we jet our carbs. and pipe them. and it does not hurt them. yamaha engineers are very smart. thats why they are what they are. and we do what we do. u can go up to 126. im running mine in a harescramble tomorrow. sunday.. i will be running it pretty much full tilt for 1 1/2 hours. it will be my first with this one. my 03 grizzo. wich has many mods. has done many harescrambles and no trouble. so im sure your safe to bump them up some. its trial and error. only i dont think u have to worry so much about error. it may use more fuel when bumped up. but thats the point. more in. makes more power. within reason. but when u let more in. u still need to let more out.. a viscous cycle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I guess thats true. I know its like jetting, just thinking out loud. All it does is richen the mixture, so I guess it wouldn't do any harm, leaning out the mixture tho can be harmful but since it come stock with 0 setting wouldn't do anything harmful. However on the 'video', which is from the guys at Atvscene.com, they do have a GYTR pipe, its not stock. They also said they didn't try it with a stock pipe at all. That is why I was wondering if it does anything with a stock pipe, stock everything.

Thx for clarifying Fitsofrage. Can you give us an update after you run it in the harescramble, let us know how it did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

How much did your Grizz 660 mods wake it up? The mudbuster cam, high compression piston, pipe, filter, jetting. Did your clutch kit make much of a difference? Is your piston stock bore? What about reliability?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, just curious.

-Krait

Old 01-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

im not talking when they were racing around the track. that one did have a gytr pipe. there was a gy that could only use one arm. it was another video before that one.. and he had it all stock.. pipe everything. then after that it went to the other fella that was in motorcross gear.. the first gy was in some kind of wreck. and he lost the use of his left arm. .he was rideing one armed./ he was doing the 1/8 mile drag.. and he is the one who told about cranking it up.. im going to do another thread.. i had a very good day today. but i wont say right now.. ive got some things to put on my photo bucket. so i can show proof.. the thread will be.. IT ISNT ALL ABOUT POWER.. and u will see why.. this was a very very good day.. but any how. it does make a diff. even with stock pipe. but the pipe helps out boat loads. now im getting a clutch kit..this again will help it to not gear up so fast. and stay in the power...oh it was fun.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and yes the 700 grizz did its job and then some...

Quick Reply: Program the FI system on Grizzly 700