Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

v-force700/bf650I

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:18 AM
|
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.
Default v-force700/bf650I

i have a friend that is looking at the 2. i strongly suggested the bf. i figured he would be happier with it for they type of riding we do these days. being most everyone we ride with has outlanders and a couple of honda utes. he works for the dealer so he's kinda bound between honda,yammy,kaw., po-po. he doesnt want a poo and doesnt feel honda has enought performance and just doesnt want a grizz. i know a few things about the 2 but i want to here the opinions of the guys who own/owned these.

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:47 AM
Range Rover

This is a easy one to me lol. 650i all the way, he'd stick out like a sore thumb ridin a 2wd sport machine with a whole pack of utes. I have taken good care of mine, not many miles at 1045miles as of now, zip problems so far, i keep it clean so it even looks fairly new still. Currently running 26inch Swamplites, but decided after getting them im gonna buy an extra set of stock rims and tires to put back on and swap out when i want the mud tires. Power is as expected great, and is a reliable solid machine, my main gripe is their cvt DESIGN, dont get me wrong its very strong and well built but not executed well in my opinion, via that stupid %$%^# belt light and servo. I would just rather know i have a problem when the belt is obviously toast with a normal cvt like on any yammy, suzuk, etc etc. Of the three belt drives i have had, I've never broke or burnt a single belt, and i put almost 7000miles on that 98 Sportsman 500, yea you read that right. I absolutey recommend it, great handling, neck snapping punchy power, well built, just take care of it and perform maintenance, I just think they could redesign the cvt and just do away with the electric servo motor and belt light. my 2dollars later

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:57 AM
|
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

thanks for the input. he REALLY wants an outlander but unfortunatly he works for the dealer that doesnt sell them and would get greatly frowned upon.

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

If he wants a sport quad but also wants to be able to ride in the terrain and do the type of riding utility machines do then he should look into the Can-Am Renegade. Yeah it's expensive but after seeing one in action (unfortunately couldn't get the rider off long enough to get my butt on it) I think it might be exactly what he's looking for. I'd bet nobody in the group would touch him in a race or keep up with on the trail for that matter. Wow are they quick.