Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Ozark vs. Recon vs. Hawkeye vs. Trailboss vs. Trailblazer vs. Grizzly 350

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozark vs. Recon vs. Hawkeye vs. Trailboss vs. Trailblazer vs. Grizzly 350

Cost is important. Which of these would you buy and why? Another factor is fitting into the bed of my Nissan P/U. I live in Michigan on the upper peninsula, lots of trails but not too many big technical hills. I can't make up my mind since all of these bikes are good so maybe you guys can help.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ozark vs. Recon vs. Hawkeye vs. Trailboss vs. Trailblazer vs. Grizzly 350

Do you want and CVT or Semi Auto? Ozark/Recon are Semi Auto, the rest are CVT.
Trailblazer is a 2 stroke, do they still make it?
Hawkeye and Grizzly have 2wd and 4wd models.
Trailblazer and Trailboss have chain drive.
Hawkeye has rear IRS. The Grizzly may also.
The Hawkeye and Grizzley are more utility.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Grizzly 350. First reason is to eliminate the possibility of buyer's remorse when you find yourself in a situation where a 250 doesn't cut it where as the 350 would be the solution. Second, the Grizzly 350 is more full size and I believe has 25" tires. Almost everyone desires to change tires to fit the environment where they ride and you will find all the choices available in the 25" size as opposed to a quad with 22" tires. You also get the added benefit of superior ground clearance with the Grizzly. Especially with a 4-wheel drive model, you can go practically everywhere your riding companions can go even if they are riding big bores. Towing capacity, rack space and capacity, available accessories and power are just a few more considerations when going with the larger quad.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

I'd go Hawkeye, It has 4wd locked and a low range. The Grizz is a great bike but my 250 Xplorer with me 290 lbs vs my buddies 350 grizz him only 200 lbs, the 250 barely gets beat and the 250 needs to be freshined up. The only thing he wishes is that it had a low range.Low Range

Old 05-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

The Hawkeye doesn't have a low range you can shift to, but has one built in, almost like a 2 speed auto. I looked at the Grizz IRS 350 before I got my Hawkeye. I really liked it alot but the dealer wont deal and the Polaris dealer did. I got my Hawkeye with my choice of 25 inch tires about $1500 bucks cheaper. Both are good quads. As far as the Trailbrazer, there are a lot of them out there, I don't see a problem with parts and performance equipment avail. anytime soon.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Buy a Suzuki Eiger semi-auto
It will fit in your truck bed
The Eiger is a dual perpose machine
in 2 wd its as good and as fast as any sport-racing atv
in 4 wd is as good and even better than any bigger cvt drive 4x4 atv
plus its the only 4x4 atv out there with a front limited slip differential, with that working for you you will be able to climb and go over the giant bolders, through the deepest mud holes and climb the steepest hills better than any atv with a locker.
Also will a smaller atv like the Eiger you will find you can go through tighter and narrow trails, under and over downed trees where no bigger atv can go.
With the semi-auto, gear drive Eiger it has even more low end power and speed than any cvt drive atv
when im climbing steep hills I want to select the gear I want to use, with the Eiger I can do that, with the cvt drive on the the bigger quads your at its mercy cause it shifts itself, plus when that made in China rubber fan belt starts to slip on those cvt drives you won't go anywhere.
Ask yourself? Do you want an ATV with steel gears driving the engine or do you want a rubber fan belt with a cheap plastic engine covers?
Ask the ATV Salesman why are the engine covers made from plastic?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey, Motof150 is here!

"in 2 wd its as good and as fast as any sport-racing atv" LMAO!!! bs

"with that working for you you will be able to climb and go over the giant bolders, through the deepest mud holes and climb the steepest hills better than any atv with a locker." Again, bs

"With the semi-auto, gear drive Eiger it has even more low end power and speed than any cvt drive atv" And one more time, lmao and BS!

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I had a Suzuki Ozark and loved it. I think it would match up to any of the ATV's listed. The 250cc never felt underpowered for me (I'm 170lbs) and went thru some nice mudholes. If it had aftermarket tires it would be even better. Try one out.
Hope this helps.
Buck

Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

WOW I think thats the most BS that I have ever heard here. Eiger joe thinks he is on a canam800!!!! I will put my Rinny up against an eiger any day, any time!!! MAybe its his first atv so he really has not been able to ride a real atv.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Best bang for the buck here are the Ozark and Recon.

Sure the Hawkeye and Grizzly have more features but they are a LOT more pricey unless you get the 2WD models and I'm not sure I'd want a quad that large with 2WD. I have an Ozark and when I get stuck, I can yank the machine around to get unstuck because it's so light.

Moving a stuck 2WD Grizzly is a lot tougher.

Quick Reply: Ozark vs. Recon vs. Hawkeye vs. Trailboss vs. Trailblazer vs. Grizzly 350