Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

08 Arctic Cat Lineup PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Arctic Cat Lineup PICTURES

some people believe everything they read and refuse to accept reality no matter how much evidence or reason is thrown at them

Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

the website, the dealers, AC themselves and the brochure all say 188. one word for everyone complaining: jealous

Old 06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

It's not 188 lb.ft, but 88 sounds achievable with that size of motor. It's still going to feel very torquey. Still going to steal the show of all 2008 models. I forsee Can-Am coming out with something very soon. I like the idea of a revised chassis and more compliant suspension. Now if they would only add the adjustable handlebars like they have on the high end sleds. Can't wait until the ride reports start rolling in, and I mean from actual owners, not the idiot rag reporters.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to.

All of the silly brainless brand loyal sniping and the squealing and pissing that will go on because Arctic Cat built something that someone else didn't.

For the life of me I cannot fathom that. Who gives a flying <expletive redacted> what brand something is? Is it crap because you don't have one? Are all Brand X's crap because you drive Brand Y? It's just like the idiotic Ford vs Chevrolet vs Dodge lunacy. There is a theory that says that IQ is inversely proportionate to motor vehicle brand loyalty. There may be some validity to that.

I could care less who makes what. I congratulate Arctic Cat on building what looks on paper at least, to be a great ATV. It certainly is groundbreaking and puts them in a market position they've never been in before to my recollection. I can't wait to see how it turns out to perform in the real world.

Just as importantly innovations like this are what drive the industry forward. AC builds their new 950 EFI 4x4. Can-Am builds a better Outlander with a 1000cc rotax. Honda gets off their *** and builds a new model with an 800 and a freaking locker. Suzuki builds a 750. Kawasaki finally goes EFI and more importantly fixes the damned suspension on the Brute Force. Polaris puts 4 wheel engine braking on all models, puts A-arms up front and ups their engine size and makes their machines less ugly. Everyone innovates and builds better machines. You get more choices. Don't care for big bore 4x4 ATVs? Step down in size. What I don't get is this incessant "oh I don't want one and it isn't what I ride therefore it must suck!" before the thing even hits the dealers. If there is some credible flaw to be discussed and or AC needs to be bashed by all means bash away! But this bashing of something out of the blocks for no reason other than brand or because you don't/won't/can't have one is..well...tiresome narcissism .

Old 06-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

agreed.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

188 foot lbs. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Maybe with a fogger nitrous system set on kill!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It actually is 188lbs, at the output shaft. What ever this calculates out to be is not my expertice. But its somewere in the range of 70-80 hp, (so i hear). To be determined by future tests by actual owners

Old 06-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

wonder which AC rider will be the second to admit it is - or at least could be a typo....

and cpt, when someone makes a claim that a 950 makes that kind of tq, more than twice as much tq as hp, it deserves questioning - and that's not bashing (if that's your point?)

Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah that 188 has to be a typo. I don't see how it can put out that kind of power. Something isn't adding up. They may be playing fast and loose with the numbers as far as measuring standards.

No, that kind of discussion is normal debate and reality and reason based discussion. What I'm talking about is the nonsensical " it's AC, AC is teh Suck" or the attitude just because AC did something better or first before a person's pet brand they'll bash AC with no particular basis to do so.

Or just as bad from the other side "look look AC has a bigger engine than everyone else so therefore everyone else now sucks".

Old 06-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Quick Reply: 08 Arctic Cat Lineup PICTURES