Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Kaw 650i vs. AC 650 H1

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kaw 650i vs. AC 650 H1

well, the kawasaki will have much better power with its v twin motor. Ive never had an arctic cat so im not sure how they hold up. But the bf will have more aftermarket parts and its faster from the get go. My next atv with be a brute force for sure.

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I've had a Cat (500i) for five years. and it has been rock solid, over my rough as a cob, hilly, rocky farm.

The Kawi will have better high end power, and I believe it's a bit sportier handling on trails. The Cat is the rough ground eater - sits higher, suspension articulates better. Better torque for powering through rough spots.

If you want to rat race with your buddies, the Kawi has an edge. If you want to get across rough ground, the Cat is the best quad you can get at any price.

Old 08-09-2007 | 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

the kawasaki will be definetly faster on the top side...getting the there the AC H1 will lead it.. pulling power is H1 and as far as after market goodies?....there are alot for both...just comes down to prefrence on brand?...i really love my 2 ARCTIC CATS (GRRRR!)

Old 08-10-2007 | 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

I would rate it this way since I have had 2 kawie vtwins and I ride with a 650H1.

POWER: kawie 650 has more HP
TORQUE: kawie 650 has more torque, however the 650H1 motor makes most of its torque at the low end like a diesel motor which = great pulling power.
Ground clearance: AC650H1 has 12" while the kawie650i has 10.8"
Susp. Travel: AC650H1 has a full 10" while the kawie650i has around 7.8"
Slow Ride Comfort: AC650H1 will ride slightly better
Fast Ride Comfort: About the same with the edge to kawie maybe.
Mudding: Both are great, but the AC650H1 might do better b/c of ground clearance.
4wd system: Both are limited slip with front diff locker, but I love the kawie progressive locker. You can lock it in when you want while moving.
Towing: Should be the same - both should tow what ever you want.
Top Speed: Kawie650i hands down here. It should top out about 68mph while the 650H1 about 62mph and the kawie will get there quicker.
Rock Hound: Both should be pretty good, but the 650H1 should take it with is susp. travel
Racks: Both hold about the same, but the AC has the speed rack system which is good.
Price: Kawie might be slightly lower, at least it is in my area.

Bottom line, get some seat time on both and determine for yourself. Just a suggestion, don't get overwelmend with the kawie's powerful motor that you just make the decision based on that. Remember that a quad is the sum of all it's parts and capabilities.

Old 08-11-2007 | 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

the locker on the kawi is a brake lever style that you have to hold in while the lock is on. probably the most retarded setup ive ever seen in my life.

Old 08-11-2007 | 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: acpower

the locker on the kawi is a brake lever style that you have to hold in while the lock is on. probably the most retarded setup ive ever seen in my life.</end quote></div>

Whatever!!! You must enjoy bashing other brands to make yours seem like the best. Maybe to you the locker is "difficult", but many other people like it. It really is very ease to use, but that might be the problem for you.

When you need to lock in your AC, you have to come to a complete stop and then switch a lever. At that point, it might be too late and your stuck. On the kawies progressive locker, you can squeeze it when you feel the bike gettint stuck and the front wheels will lock in while you still have momentum. Furthermore, a pen locker can be purchased from highlifter for about $40 and will allow the progressive locker to stay locked without holding it down. Then when you don't want it, push the button and the bike is back in limited slip mode.

This system is extremely easy to use and will keep the bike from getting stuck many times. I would say that with an attack like yours, you have never used one and if so, didn't know what you were doing. Hmmmmmm. Nice bashing from you ic.

Old 08-12-2007 | 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

when the terrain becomes more difficult its going to be harder to keep a handle on that and the machine. and hmmm i have used one and hmmm i did know what i was doing, sorry if im a better rider and that i know more than you and you are jealous. i see youre clearly a kawi fanboy. the wire can also easily losen and come out of adjustment, just like bicycle brakes, hence kawi having it set on a 90 day inspection in the manual. dee dee dee. what are you gonna do when youre out in the bush and it goes out of whack. buy an arctic cat.

Old 08-12-2007 | 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have over 1200 miles on my kawie700 prairie, over 950miles on my kawie bf750 and my brothers 360prairie has over 700miles and none of them has had any problems with the lockers. We ride rocks, steep hills, mud, just about anything out there and the locker is great. And, BTW, the AC locker cable wire can fail as well, so that doesn't hold any water. I am not brand loyal even though I have several kawies. They have just held up and done extremely well. And I doubt you know more than me or anyone else for that matter.

If I remember correctly, you were the one who put on this site a video of you jumping your brother.........which you got hammered with safety issues. Now that is real smart. If you don't like the kawie progressive locker, that is fine. But your approach is bashing. All you had to do is say I don't prefer the kawie locker or something like that. But when you say it is probably the most retarted locker you have ever seen, get ready to have the bashing returned.

I personally think AC makes good products even though I don't like stopping to put the locker on the AC's. But I don't bash them, it is just another approach.

IF YOU BASH.....YOU MUST BE TRASH.

Old 08-12-2007 | 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Fanboy..hmmm....where have I heard this before? Know any other words? May be a good idea to listen to other people sometimes instead of thinking you know it all. 700vtwin man seems to be speaking from experience which is what advice reeder05 seems to be looking for.
Buck

Old 08-12-2007 | 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SBuckJ

Fanboy..hmmm....where have I heard this before? Know any other words? May be a good idea to listen to other people sometimes instead of thinking you know it all. 700vtwin man seems to be speaking from experience which is what advice reeder05 seems to be looking for.

Buck</end quote></div>

Thanks for the backup. That is exactly what I like about this form is helping each other from experiences. I would take either one of these quads in a heart beat b/c I know they both are awesome quads. And actually I am glad to see AC start building their own motors like the H1, which has been a huge success. Anyway, thanks.

Quick Reply: Kaw 650i vs. AC 650 H1