Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best

I have own a Honda,Yamaha and a Polaris. I like the brand of ATV you just jump on and they run. I was lucky they all did that,next thing you look for is ride comfort, and they sure all do not do that the same.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

sorry man, but after owning a product from all of these brands, Honda is the best built, best thought out, and best running machine out there. Notice I did not say the best performing, racing ATVs is like racing dump trucks. Anyone can build a machine that goes like hell, but to make it last, reduce cost of ownership, retain value, and do what is intended to do (and not more), Honda has the others beat. Now if they would just fix a couple of nuisances....

Remember, this is just my opinion. Take it easy on me.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default whats the best

I like Hondas allot but riding them is like owning a 6cyl Cadillac.Looks good but nothing under the hood. Honda is notorious for beeing bland and for me that is not good enough. Go for the Grizz if you want great quailty and allaround quad or go Sportsman if you wand a hardcore work/play atv!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

yes, I think Yamaha has a fantastic product, but they have always been 2nd fiddle to Honda. I always rooted for Yamaha because they were the underdog (even though they had the greatest drivers - F1 Bikes that is)

I guess for me it's the consistency in product quality and functionality, throughout the machine....right down to the little clips that hold the bodywork on.

However, I've said this before - if you are into speed, an ATV is a compromise and NOT fast. You can kill yourself on a vespa, doesn't make it fast.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default whats the best

I do believe that the tables are starting to turn in favor of Yamaha they seem to do no wrong w/ anything new they are comming out with. Ever since the introduction of the yfz 450 thay have not brought out even a mediocre quad look at all the awards they have wone w/ YFZ 450, Raptor 700 and the Grizz 700, they were also the first to introduce p/s for the Grizz and the Grizz just one the Quad magazine big bore shootout! To me as of right now they are the manufacturer on top of there game and everyone else is trying to catch up!!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

Other mags put Polaris or CanAm on top! Can't believe 100% everything you read.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default whats the best

Hopefully Yamaha and Polaris can come out w/ a Renegade fighter. That would be some interesting competition in a odd catagory! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

I can't complain at all about my 07 500xt can-am, other than wish i would of gotten the 800. 2000 miles and only prob is a front shock went sour on me.But are we really supposed to be jumping a 650 pound machine.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default whats the best

Every Utility ATV comparison Honda is just dead last now. It does not matter what the resale price is and how reliable it is at the end you bought the machine to RIDE and riding pleasure is about comfort,and performance where Honda always come in dead last.

Honda dead last

Honda dead last again.

I had a Honda 450 Foreman and changing ATVs was not like just like changing to different brand but more like changing to a different "Sport".

Resale of a ATV? Buy stocks or Houses if thats what your into.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BradW

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jam53142

Hey, the original question was which is better, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki. The answer is obvious...Polaris...</end quote></div>

That's funny, because the only guy I know with a Polaris replaced all wheel bearings and the front differential at 500 miles. But hey, if you keep your expectations very low, that's pretty good. Plus you get a better work-out pushing an 800lb. Polaris than riding a 600lb. Honda, Zuk, Kawi, or Yami.</end quote></div>

Just because you know 1 guy with a Polaris makes all Polaris junk?

Maybe he doesn't take care of his atv, what if it was an AC or Suzuki?? would they automatically be junk ?

get a sport quad if you are racing!! utilitys are for working and trail riding! weight doesn't matter much! a smooth ride does! try riding a sport quad over 100 mile days.</end quote></div>

I was just busting your ***** 'cause you were the first one to jump in with the "of course brand X is the best because I say so" comment.