Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

TigerTail Tow System

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TigerTail Tow System

Has anyone used, or evaluated the TigerTail tow system?

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ligito,

i was wondering if this thing has hit the forums yet...just wait....it will. a friend of mine bought one about 6 weeks ago and we went riding he has a son that loves to get muddy and usually stuck. the tigertail was used at least 25 times that one day between pulling his son out, pulling me out, or me pulling him out backwards. it is so quick and easy to use that i didn't even mind his son getting stuck in nearly every hole. i was so impressed with its ability to work in the slop we had it in that i just ordered mine earlier this week. this thing is tough and works even better - the website pics or vids don't do it justice....and the mount for his griz was well designed. it not only provided a mounting point for the tigertail, but it also converted his hitch to a receiver style and the mount has two tow points. i can't wait to get mine....looks like it will be monday from the ups info that i got.

GrubbyMiner

Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

While it looks cool and all.... I mean the automatic retractible strap is a nice feature.. but if the mud is deep / swampy the tow strap will still get dirty! Even if you mud alot that thing will be constantly covered... You'd never sucker me into paying $160 for one of those!!

Sorry... This is one person who is not sold on the "Hype"... a simple 20 foot tow strap does just the same for $30 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What if you are a rocker? That thing has the potential to get beat around from the rocks

Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a rope that costs more than some winches you can get on ebay. Add another $20 for the cover to keep it clean and it costs 12 times more than my $15 tow rope. No thanks. I'm not paying $180 for a rope even if it is self-retracting. I'd be worried about getting it bashed around on the trails too. I can see how some people would find it usefull but my friends and I with 500cc and bigger 4x4s only get stuck once in several years.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

"my friends and I with 500cc and bigger 4x4s only get stuck once in several years. " Frank, you are not riding in the right places then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Moto Psycho

4 years ago I had to winch <u>myself</u> out twice because my friends on Grizzys were afraid to go through a 10 mile long bog with me. I hang out with a bunch of light beer drinking wussies that really can't hang with me.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

Heck I got stuck twice today about 100 yards from my house.

As for the TigerTail I'd end up bashing it on a log or wedging it into a creek bank first trip. Sorry, but a 10 dollar Harbor Freight tow strap is far more practical. Besides I can hose the strap off when I get home. That TigerTail Recovery system looks like it would require complete disassembly to clean.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Same.
$160 tow rope. I don't think so. I have 50 feet of greenline that I can attach to my reciever and bungee to the bed if I know I am going to screw around in mud and get stuck.
I can't imagine trying to keep that thing clean.
Q

Old 08-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Moto Psycho

I still keep picturing it knocked off by a rock or stump and sitting in the middle of the trail while I'm miles away and need it to tow someone.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

I'd spend more on oils, filters, etc. they are important items to keep your quad going. But, spending that much on some fancy new gadget, no thanks. I'll take a few extra minutes to unroll my tow rope.

Quick Reply: TigerTail Tow System