Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

honda foreman issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda foreman issue

I hope someone can figure this one out. I have a 2002 honda foreman 450es chassis. The motor had some serious issues to put it lightly and I ended up aquiring a motor out of a 1998 foreman 450 s. The replacement motor fit into the chassis and everthing bolted up. The problem occured when I went to hook up the wiring. The sigle wire for the temp sensor lined up as well a round plug that hooks up to the computer. There is a plug that I believe that runs the gear indicator on the chassis that has about 6 wires on it and off of the motor there is only 3 wires running out from behind the shifter.

I realize that im putting a non electric shift motor in a electric shift chassis, and there is likley going to be a few wires left. I was able to start the motor by using the ground from the battery to the neutral wire bybass used to elininate start in gear safety. I would like to see if anyone knows how to make the gear indicator work and the neutral and reverse lights work correctly as finishing this will make to swap flawless minus the loss of the es.

Also using wiring diagrams I hooked the 3 wires on the frame to the angle sensor which was off my old motor and this dosent seem to be a problem though Im sure the angle its mounted on the chassis may pose a problem later. So basically the other issues is in what position do I mount the angle sensor or does it even matter?

If anyone can help It would be much appreciated