Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 4x4 for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Which 4x4 for me?

At the time I bought my X2, I looked long and hard at the Brute. If they came with a 2-up version and the Polaris front storage box, I might have got the Kawi. But.... Well, congratulations! Hope it runs as good as it looks. Let us know how much you like it, any likes or dislikes. We all like to know about the various machines that are out there.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, riding around in the snow through fields, woods and the yard, I REALLY LIKE IT! Now wondering why I waited to get a utility for so long. So nice to putts through the woods and climb stuff. We've got a good 4-5" of snow here, and it just loves it. It dont feel 250 lbs heavier than my rappy, but that may be because of the snow too. Cant wait to get it in some deep snow and see how she does.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE

Love the new Brute! What a sweet machine! I've been looking around and there are a couple areas that need to be upgraded or looked at before trouble, but they are very minute issues. I already upgraded the rear sway bar bushings with greaseable ones from Energy Suspension. Going to install grease zerks on the front A-Arm bushings as well, these are very minimally greased, or not at all from Kawasaki. My sway bushings were dry as a bone. Looking to get some tires for my next upgrade, still cant decide on which ones will fit my terrain the best as there are so many choices. I managed to sell the sled, so it looks like I'm keeping the Rappy, YEA!

Had the Brute out the other day after the snow melted and couldnt believe how easy it is to get the front end up with a little traction. Quick machine for being so heavy. About the statement on my previous post about the weight, yeah, you can feel it on dry land, snow really hides that. We got more snow, so its time to make the donuts again!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time to make the donuts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]