Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Polaris Xplorer transmission issues AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Xplorer transmission issues AGAIN.

Last winter I replaced my 2001 Polaris Xplorer transmission with a used one off of Ebay. After about 3 rides the transmission started to pop out of reverse. Now when I drive for long periods in high it will pop out as well. I am almost at my ropes end with this quad. I had the engine rebuilt two winters ago, did the transmission job last winter and it looks like I am tearing back into it again. Any suggestions as to what I need to replace? I got a lot of help last time from a user name PolarisTech. He is a whole lot of information bundled up into one man. I can hold the shifter into reverse and keep it from popping out of gear but I feel clicks. Almost like something is jacked up internally. Any advice is welcome.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Just left some links on your other post that might help..

Old 02-21-2016, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Old Polaris Tech

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Just left some links on your other post that might help..
I know you supplied me with a list of quads that could supply me with my transmission for my 2000 Xplorer 2 stroke, but I have seemed to lost it. I am finding plenty of 2000 Polaris 250 4x4 transmissions. Would these fit my 2000 Xplorer 400? I am curious if the gearing is all the same? Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this might be the link you were looking for https://atvconnection.com/forums/pol...-explorer.html.
If you ever want to go back and look at any of your or anyone else's old posts, you can go to any post and click on the name and scroll down and click on find all posts. That's how I found this, I did it with your name and found this thread.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by greg74
I think this might be the link you were looking for https://atvconnection.com/forums/pol...-explorer.html.
If you ever want to go back and look at any of your or anyone else's old posts, you can go to any post and click on the name and scroll down and click on find all posts.
Thanks but that's not it. He supplied me with a long list of transmissions that would work out of different Polaris ATVs.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I guess you mean this one.https://atvconnection.com/forums/pol...ml#post3274664 And yes the gearing should be the same for the most part,but differences on 2x4 and 4x4s.. Plus this list is just on cases that they all shared.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

I guess you mean this one.https://atvconnection.com/forums/pol...ml#post3274664 And yes the gearing should be the same for the most part,but differences on 2x4 and 4x4s..
Yes sir. So the Polaris 250 transmission won't work, as I don't see it on the list. It's a shame, it looks to be exactly the same. Maybe it's because of the gearing.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You can make anything work,it just may take a little work/fabrication on mounts,etc on something that wasn't designed for your particular machine. Getting me confused now.. the long list was for engine cases,not transmissions.. The link that Greg gave you was the one that showed models that used the same transmission as your model. Again the 250 gear case would probably work,but expect mounting alterations to do so..

Old 02-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

You can make anything work,it just may take a little work/fabrication on mounts,etc on something that wasn't designed for your particular machine.
It's the same casing and everything as the 400 transmission, I just didn't know about the gearing was all. I'm still fooling with this 400L unfortunately.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default How much oil?

Hi there I am just woundering what type of oil a polaris xpedition 425 will take and how much, I keep reading it takes 5L but my truck takes that that can't be right, also looking at rims for it any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Polaris Xplorer transmission issues AGAIN.