Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?

Thanks for all the replies seems the bomb maybe the best puller, Ill look at all. Someone said the rubicon
had a low range so Ill check to see if the hi/lo is in addition to the auto trans.
Yea and also a 2002 kaw p650 is in the local paper for $4500, kinda hard to pass on this deal?

Old 03-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Just from my own experience....
Sportsmans are a great quad... someone earlier said that "sooner or later you'll smoke the belt"... phhhhhhhhht!!!!!
between my 97 500, 99 - 500, and my 01- 500HO I have done more than 25,000 miles and NEVER smoked a belt. My buds have other various quads... I'm also impressed with the Grizz 660 and the rubican,... but I'n stickin w/ my faithfull, reliable as hell 500 sportsamn.

Old 03-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Kawirob ok so your saying the sp700 was on a trailer ok I thought you ment they had them hooked up back to back....THats wild I was at Indy this past year I juess I missed it.

Old 03-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get me wrong Bombardier makes a great quad I just dont think theyll out pull a sp700...And it well be a cold day in hell befor I send my money to Canada after the crap they be saying about the USA lately...Bill35

Old 03-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

BILL35:
I am sure it was Indy...but it could have been Daytona...don't matter though, same results. The POL was NOT on a trailer. The pics don't lie. In atv magazines super seven shootout. The Bomb quest650 easily outpulled all others. In fact even the Kawi P650 with a 140lb deficit outpulled the POL700's best pull . Although the Pol had a better average than the Kawi, as well it should have with alot more weight and much more agressive stock tires. The sled pulls were all done on dirt and traction was most important. The Quest was the best...don't hate me but it's true.

PS: As for the war...I personally support it, and one of my best buddies is an ARMY RANGER. Our D!ck Headed FRENCH Canadian Prime Minister has his head way up his A$$ and is quickly becoming more and more less popular in our Country. I say kick Saddam were it hurts...HIS PRIDE! Unfortunately I fear greatly that he is playing possum and has a Nuke or some Chemicals ready to detonate inside Irac while the Coalition is cleaning up. I hope and pray that this is not the case, but unfortunately he is crazy enough to do this. What does he have to lose? He slaughters his own people...let alone ours. Scary thought...at the time of the Soviet Unions breakup (a few vyears ago), they had something like 22000 nuclear warheads!...now that they(Soviet Union) are broke up into different Countrys...they(nukes) are not all accounted for. A while ago you could have bought a Mig fighter jet for a Million U.S. dollars on the black market, how much would a Nuke cost?

ROB

Old 03-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

don't forget that many quads still use an open diff. in the front. no matter what it's called it will not stay fully locked unless it's a spool or a locker & limited slips are just that, they slip. also, think about weight. most quads are around the same weight with exeption of polaris & bomb. this is not a bad thing though. these quads will run with anything & you will not notice the extra weight. they are also very well protected underneath. most people install after market skid plates, front diff lockers & other things to make their quads a little tougher. when their done spending all that money, they have about equal protecton & weight as polaris & bomb. i own a sportsman & its worked flawlessly for over 2k miles of pure abuse. the only quad i would consider other than polaris would be the bomb. both will deliver true 4x4, their weight would be an advantage for pulling & you would compete well with any other quad on the market.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to vote for the bombardier traxter as well.I love my polaris but the traxter has alot better pulling power.Great engine and it is heavy..Our company actually just developed a seismic drill set up on their long wheelbase version..It is built like a tank..Still prefer my polaris in the mud and for "fun" quadding..Just my .02 worth.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: stubblejumper
The rubicon is an automatic with no belt drive and it does have low range.
The Rincon is a 3 speed automatic or esp. selectable 2/4 wheel drive, it has no low range.

Old 04-01-2003, 05:43 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bill35
...And it well be a cold day in hell befor I send my money to Canada after the crap they be saying about the USA lately...Bill35
I'm pretty sure that Canada has a political system similar to that of the U.S. Bill35. Which means that once the simple majority has elected a party that party can pretty much make its own policy while in controll. Not all Canadians are saying crap about the U.S. and the fact is that no Canadian citizen ever had a say in wether or not to send our troops to war with yours. In fact a lot of the raw materials that the U.S. uses to manufacture its finished products come from Canada. We also export large amounts of electricity and gas oil to the U.S. so don't get too hollier-then-thow in thinking that the U.S. could stand alone without it's international dealings with other countries. I think that the majority of people understand that even good friends can disagree sometimes. However to hear the way you talk shows that you really don't see a bigger picture then what is in front of your nose and on the news.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Look if your simply looking for a quad to do some pulling then look at the king quad. Imo it is the only truely only ulility quad out there. It has 3 not 2 gear ranges. And the super low range is made for pullin. For years it was the only quad out there with the front diff lock. Put the rite set of times on this quad it will pull your house down......Rob

Quick Reply: best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?