Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Deepwater, MO trails...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deepwater, MO trails...

I saw the trail area as I drove down highway 13 this past weekend. I am looking forward to trying Deepwater out this summer. Are there riding fees or regulations for this area that I should be aware of? I heard that it can be easy to get lost out there. Any maps available or do you just have to keep your sense of direction?

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

Have you gone there yet? any info to share if you did?

Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been there this year yet. If you go don't take your 250R too much rocks and mud. Last time I went there was no charge to ride. It's not a bad place for a day ride. If it has recently rained be prepared for a lot of mud. If the lake is up a lot of the trails flood but it is pretty unlikely that the lake will be up this year.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

i believe this website has some more information. http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/harryst/off_road.htm if anyone plans on going in the next few weeks or so let me know, i just got my v-force a few weeks ago and haven't had time to check out many areas yet.. i'm probably going to atleast head down in about two weeks, i think that's the next time i'll have some free time..

Old 05-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

went to Deep Water last weekend. The water is high now so some of the riding areas around the beach is under water. the riding is awesome though. don't really need a map, the area is surrounded by a fence and Truman Lake. Just follow the power lines, they always lead back to the parking lot. it is free to ride, lately i have noticed though that the cops have been staking out the roads so try and stay off the roads, they will give you a ticket. in my opinion it is one of the best places to ride in the KC area.
take a look at my gallery, all of those pictures were taken at Deep Water.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Range Rover

those pictures scare me, it doesnt look like my v-force could handle much of that mud, haha. this sunday<as long as the ups guy gets here today> i'll probably be down at deepwater or finger lakes incase anyone else is going out this weekend.. i'll make a post before i go incase anyone wants to meet up.

Old 05-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I finally got a date set to visit Deepwater. Another friend and I are taking our kids (six boys, ages 8-14) down there June 10th. Hoping the weekday crowd would be less than on a weekend. It is still a week and a half away but I'll let everyone know what kind of trip we have. And thanks for the warnings about cops looking for atv's on the roads. We'll use caution and push 'em into the riding area if we have to.

Old 05-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

We are thinking of Finger Lakes this Sunday. is it worth the drive from KC?
thanks,
Todd

Old 05-30-2003, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: tkslma
We are thinking of Finger Lakes this Sunday. is it worth the drive from KC?
thanks,
Todd
it sounds like it's worth the trip, i've heard alot of good comments about finger lakes. i've got a friend with a bike i'm going to talk to and if he wants to go than i'll be going to finger lakes sunday, probably around noon or so the way it looks now, possibly a little later.

Old 05-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Pennyless
I haven't been there this year yet. If you go don't take your 250R too much rocks and mud.
That is all I own is a 250r.... You thinkI will get stuck a lot? well I am not going asnywhere right now. I am in the process of rebiulding the machine almost from the ground up.... Should have the cyclinder back this week.... I hope soon I will be able to meet up with some of you guys....

Quick Reply: Deepwater, MO trails...