Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Western Ky ride area

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Western Ky ride area

This place is outside of Marion,ky at Dycusburg,Ky( small area in the county). I think he has just under 700 acres beside the Cumberland river - the place is called Patty's Bluff ATV area - has powerline hills, river bottoms (mud), regular woods trails- alot of the trail are 2+ bike widths wide - its $10 a day 9am till dark i believe. i've been there the past two weekends with my kid and friends and had a blast. on the powerline hills you can fly and some of the woods trails are great for wide open riding. This holiday weekend they are having mud bog races, live music etc... There are no inspections of equipment or rules for sound levels etc. Most of the people i ride with are running full race pipes. Just wanted to let everyone know about the new playground in my area. I spoke with the owner yesterday and he will putting in a moto cross and flattrack in this summer as soon as he gets some dimensions.
later
hunt

Flattrack race Marion,ky 5/24/03 short track and TT sign ups at 2pm

Old 05-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you have detailed directions from Nashville. I see Dycusburg on the map. If I take I-24, where do I get off and go from there?

Old 05-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

I believe this is correct: -take exit 40 off I-24- go east on hwy 62(to eddyville-turn right)- about 3miles you will see HWY 295 North(turn left)- about 8mile you will come to Dycusburg (slow down -vvvery sharp turn right)- at dycusburg the road switches to hwy 70- go about 3 miles and you will see Seven Ridge Road on your left( there is an old car garage station by the road)- follow this road for about 2 miles (watch the curves) - turn left and take Dale Owens Road( gravel road) for about 2 or 3 miles and you will see the entrance to the area. If you miss Dale Owens road the next road on your left is Patty's Bluff road and it also takes you to the riding area. This is a dry county so if you want beer etc you have to bring your own. they have a small check in station that sells food, cokes, and candy, ice. If your there Sunday or Monday and see a black GMC ext cab with a black enclosed trailer with #24 and Polaris on the side, say hi and tell Travis (the owner) Micheal hunt sent ya or got you lost.

Old 05-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do they have a webpage by chance or do you know how to contact them.
Sounds like a great place

Old 05-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Range Rover

Paddy's Bluff Retreat , Call John Travis, Owner at 270-988-2991 or cell 270-836-4297, he can give you more directions or information. hope this helps.
later
hunt

Old 06-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Paddy's Bluff last weekend and had a blast........We rode all day, and really didn't ride the same trails except for the main trail entrance......I'm going back for July 4, they are opening up on Thursday and is staying open for the weekend....Supposed to have bands at night.......Anyone wanting to come, just give me a hollar

Old 09-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

IS THERE ANY PLACES TO CAMP AND IS IT GOOD PLACE KIDS TO RIDE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Here is their web site

Paddy's Bluff

yes it does say that they have camping, Ive never been there but it
looks like its only a few hrs from the house I may have to check it out

Old 09-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

You can camp there but currently i do not believe they have any power for campers. There is no set location that you have to camp at. I take my boy that has a pred 90 down there and he does not have any problem. Give John a call and he will give you any other info you would need, he's a really nice guy, John Travis, Owner at 270-988-2991 or cell 270-836-4297. It's a good place for me since its' only about 10 to15 minutes away.
later

Old 09-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Western Ky ride area