Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Gilbert MN ATV Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gilbert MN ATV Park

I just got back from the Off Highway Vehicle Park in Gilbert MN (NE part of the state). What a blast! My KFX 700 was in the shop due to a bent hub, so I took my Jeep Wrangler. There are many trails that are ATV only that I was not able to scope out. I was the only person there except for a work crew. There is a short ATV course and a medium jump and table top jump, two play areas (one with MUD), many hills to climb, and miles of tight trails.

There is no cost if your machine has a state (any state) registration. My Jeep needed a 3 year pass for $34.

Old 06-19-2003, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

(First reply on a forum...Be gentle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

If you are within driving distance to Gilbert MN, you gotta check out this park. This is by far the best park that minnesota has to offer (in my opinion). Whether you want to play in the mud with your atv, or watch 4X4 trucks get buried, it's there. Want to climb boulders? You'll go till you flip! Tons and tons of trails for all skill levels and very laid back. Not to mention stalls to wash your atv for free!! As if that's not enough, they are building a 3500 acre park in Virginia, MN that will connect to this park. It's not due to open for another couple of years, but it will be worth the wait.

Downfalls: Not many! This is an Iron Ore pit that used to be mined, So if it's wet, your wheeler WILL be red. That iron can be nasty stuff. It's just shy of about 1500 acres, so you can cover this place, but it will take well over a weekend to hit every trail.

I'm always looking for new places to ride, (MN, WI) I am about 30 minutes north of the Twin Cities.

Old 06-20-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

You guys are both right. Gilbert is cool - and aggresive enough that some might die on the more difficult paths. If your looking for a challenge, or just the normal Minnesota flat swamp rides - both can be found there. The Gilbert campground is also great - being connected by trails to the OHV Park.

My concern is that the liberal whackos now have a place to point to for us to ride those dirty noisey stinky machines that damage the grass and turn the ditches into mud holes (for three weeks until the grass starts growing). If Gilbert is all we end up with - its not enough.

A little math indicates that if all the ATV's in Minnesota were parked end to end - that line would be 200 miles long. Take away the stupid rail road bed trails (trails?) and we have just about enough room to park our ATV's - let along ride them.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey! a fellow Stacy resident, small world. Your right about the tree huggers, they will not be happy until everyone is as miserable as they are. I am an avid snowmobile rider also, and as you know the trails we used to have fun on are now paved and forbidden. It's kind of hard to enjoy a beautiful place like the Gilbert park, when you know you are being herded like cattle. I think I now know what the Indians must have felt like. Until the day comes when you have to put a registration sticker on your bike or rollerblades, stay away from my trails, you have no say!!!

Anyway, has anyone besides me been to "Redtop" park in Isle MN? It's just off the Soo Line. Kind of boring, but has one or two good trails. I hear that there's a atv park in Duluth, MN that's suppose to be fun, anyone been there?