Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Favorite place to ride in Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite place to ride in Michigan?

Where is your favorite place to ride in Michigan? I like what I have read about the eastern U P.

Thank you,

Circuit2

Old 07-18-2003, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer

Silver Lake

'nuff said!

Old 07-18-2003, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider

You'd like the eastern U.P.; both for its relative convenience and freedom (somewhat).

I would check out the Tehquamenon Hotel (?) in Hulbert, MI. for some great hospitality and an owner who is up on the latest atv rules/routes which would ensure an enjoyable stay (he is not there all the time; call for details).

North and east of there is the Two Hearted River/ Newberry area with some fine riding also; rustic cabins in Pine Stump Junction; modern motels in Newberry.

My two 'favorite' areas?.........I hate to say it........but it's kind of like revealing your favorite pickin' area for Morel mushrooms! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have fun and hope this helped.

John

Old 07-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Used to have a cabin near Pine Stump. It was before quads era. Thank you for info.
There must be more places out there?

Circuit2

Old 07-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any place in the UP is great to ride, I haven't found anywhere I've regreted yet. There is a little bit of everything up there, sand, hills, mud, two-tracks, water, technical trails, abandoned rail-road grades (that go on forever they seem), and easy fire roads. If your a camper,(I typicly camp) there is also plenty of "rustic" camping at or near trails, with great riding all week, or weekend, without loading your quad on the trailer. I can't narrow it down to where the "perfect" place to ride up there, I ride in different locations everytime (mostly in the north central UP, between Grand Marias and Munising) and never get bored. If you never been up there in the early winter, (if it's to far into the winter the snow is real deep) it's a blast, winter, by far is my favorite time to ride. I typicly ride alone (no one I know has an ATV....sigh) so if anyone wants to hook up for a weekend of riding in the UP, drop me a PM or an e-mail... manualsrule@msn.com

Rob

Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 PM
kez
Trailblazer

Circuit 2 I am partial to a place in north central U.P. called Big Bay. CLC 900 inquired about B.B. and went up there on 7/11 and informed me that it exceeded all his expectations. If your interested in what the terrain looks like check out lackdog.com My reccomendation if you make your way up there would be to stay B.B. motel and take a full day tour with Duane Fish the owner. He charges $50 per bike for an all day tour, but its well worth the cost, ask CLC 900.