Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open

I went to Livingston this weekend (August 29,2003)and everyone got ran off. The sheriff, state , and fish and wild life was there giving everyone tickets and saying they have 30 minutes to leave or there vehicles will be towed. People are saying that its not closed but what do you call that???? If you asked me its messed up and something needs to be done about it. Its a shame that a place that good to ride is going to get shut down. -Dave

Old 08-31-2003, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you all want to try to keep Livingston (Cromer Ridge) open please sign this petition at this site http://www.petitiononline.com/ATVTrail/petition.html.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

can anybody tell me the names of the land owners names and email adress so i can ask them if i can ride there land at livingston

Old 09-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

909 is going to be shut down just dont when if any body interest here is a division of foresty number to call to get some information .the exit number is 49 if they need to know .1-800-866-0504

Old 09-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

You can go to www.cromerridge.com and email those people and they may tell u something i dont know. My friend e-mailed one of them and they said it was shut down because of deaths and erosin and stuff like that. Just the same thing on the notice.Here is a copy of it:

The USDA Forest Service and Cromer Ridge landowers are Requesting the cooperation of Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) users in the effort to control unacceptable impacts on public and private land.

Illegal motor vehicle use in this area has caused sever soil erosion problerms within the Rockcastle River drainage, resulting in adverse effects on plant and animal ecosystems, water quality, cemeteries, timber resources, and land value.

PLease note that National Forest lands are closed to motor vehicles except on open public roads and trails designated for OHV use. See maps posted at the fuel stations on exit 49 of I-75 and at the Daniel Boone Motorcross Park for the location of open public roads. There is no designated pubilc OHV recreation area in the vicinity of Cromer Ridge (Ky exit on I-75).

Off Highway Vehicle use on private land is illegal without permission from the private landowners. If you are riding motor vehicles where you do not have landowner permission, you are in violation of Kentucky state law.

Motorized use of open public roads is limited to motor vehicles and operators in full compliance with Kentucky Department of Transportation regulation, having street legal motor vehicles that are properly equipped, licensed, and insured and operated by a holder of a current and valid state driver's license.

The Daniel Boone National Forest has marked National Forest land boundaries and will enforce motor vehicle laws and regulations in this area. Private landowners have requested local government support and law enforcement in thier efforts to provide responsible land stewardship.

Please contact your local Forest Service office for guides to legal OHV riding opportunities.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

We went down to 909 on 8/22/03 and were ran out along with everyone else that Saturday by the forestry department. Several people were given fines and 1 guy was hauled off to jail (they checked his vehicle and found drugs). We were major bummed because there isn't any place like 909 boone. We found out about the Hatfield McCoy trail system in WV and have heard that it is much better than Boone. We are going to ride there next weekend. 400 miles of trails on 72,000 acres, the web site is http://www.trailsheaven.com. Has anyone ridden there?

Old 09-13-2003, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you haven't tried S-Tree up around Berea you might head there, it's about a 20-30 minute drive North from Livingston (909). This is a state regulated system, it's not nearly as hardcore as Livingston but the trails are pretty well maintained and I've had a blast the last few times I've been there.
Dyno

Old 09-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

don could you give me direction to s-tree i live about 10 miles from berea havent heard of this place.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

This link should take you to the part of the Forrest Service Web-Site related to Daniel Boone Forrest that talks about S-tree, it includes maps which is a plus! (it also has the info on Cromer ridge just as is posted above linked there).
http://www.r8web.com/boone/OHVLO.HTM

This is how I remember getting there, but there may be one extra turn that I do not know about. I beleive there are links also on that site to directions.

From the North you are going to take I-75 to the first Berea Exit, and turn left off the ramp (so it would be right if you're coming from the south). Follow this into town, you will turn left at the stop light in front of the Harland Sanders building (I think it says theater). Follow this highway until it deadends at T intersection and turn right (there should be a Citgo Station at this intersection) you will then follow this into another town, and turn left at the first stoplight. Follow this road back out of town and watch for S-Tree road on the right it's marked about as well as a neighborhood street sign and easy to miss. Follow S-Tree road on back and you will eventually end up in the camping, hiking, parking and riding areas. Find a parking area and then head for the trails.

These are the directions from their site, which may help because it sounds just like mine except with road names in it:
Take US 421 west from McKee for 0.5 mile, then turn left (south) on KY 89 for 3 miles, turn right (west) on FDR 43. Go one mile, turn left (south) on FDR 20 and follow the signs.

Also, if you know your way you can follow S-tree out to Turkeyfoot and spend the rest of the day running those trails, you do have to take part of a county road to get there, however I beleive you are permitted to do so provided you run your lights on your quad, your over 16, have your driver's liscense with you and your brake lights work (and you obey the speed limit). Also if you do go to turkeyfoot, make sure you have plenty of gas before you head out or make sure you carry an extra gallon (minimum) with you. There is no where to get gas at S-tree or nearby.

There are several other trail systesm and riding areas listed on the Daniel Boone site which I linked up there as well.
hope that helps,
Dyno

Old 10-09-2003, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

anyone heard anything new about livingston... it sucks that there shutting it down. ive been rock crawling there in a jeep and having blast on my ex..me and some freinds got lost in there and ended up in london at dbmx it was wild... havent been there in about 2 years, how much as it changed? bet alot

Quick Reply: Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open