Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Indoor ATV/Dirt Bike MX Track IN W. WASHINGTON

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor ATV/Dirt Bike MX Track IN W. WASHINGTON

What a day yesterday was. I hooked up with BigHonda and a friend of his and went to Granite Falls for a few hours of early riding. BH had a friend with him who was relatively new to the sport. The newbie was riding a DS650. He made the usual newbie mistakes, running out of gas, forgot gloves, wearing a tank top, running the quad on reserve from the start. I have to say it was really amusing. Sso once he rolled his quad and we loaded it in his truck(sending him home/ to the ER for x rays) BigHonda and I traveled to MArysville where BH was told there was an indoor track. Sure enough, there is a 35,000 sq. ft. warehouse with a MX track inside. UNtil the end of August it is $20 TO RIDE $5 to watch. There are all classes Big Bikes, little bikes, Little quads, big quads. The track is fairly small, but it was plenty for me. You get 15 minutes on the track and then the switch to the smaller guys for 15 minutes. IT was awesome. I never thought I could get the v-force up in the air. IT really did well. It was the first time I had ever been on a real MX track before. What a work out. I would do about 4 or 5 laps and have to take a break. I give credit to the guys/gals who do it professionally. There were some cool quads also. Cannondale 440, a YFZ 450, BH's Raptor, a Polaris Predator, a 400ex and my V. IT was so much fun. What a work out.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this place have a web site? What are the normal days of operation and do they have races?

Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Lookup Lynwood motoplex . IT is at the bottom of their webpage

Old 10-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Tech tip, I searched and I found. Here it is http://www.motoplex.net/html/motocross_facility.htm

Old 10-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

As a matter of fact, here are a few more tracks, may not be indoor though.
http://www.washougalmx.com/

http://mxgpr.com/

http://longviewmx.com/

Old 11-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

We'll be going to the indoor track in Smokey Point this coming Saturday night. My 5 year old is going to give it his best out there playing around on his LT80 for the first time. Should be a riot. It will be quite different than the 18 acres we have in gold bar with only trees to dodge and not other bikes. SHould be fun!
Jarrett

Old 11-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

If anyone knows of any tracks in Western Washington please post it on this thread. Please list name, website or city it is in.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

Wide Open Sports Arena has just opened an indoor track in Renton just off 167 Next to it is RMC same building
WOSA (425)264-0157
RMC (425)226-4320

Pacific Race Way's in Kent has a MX track but will not be open till spring.

LongviewMX.com Big tack with 400 acres of open riding a Drag strip and a kiddie track.

WoodlandMX.com they have a series right now and they change the track for each race.

This Sunday Northwest Arenacross Nationals Tour will be at the Puyallup fair grounds the Green gate.

Opmc is out a Port Angles and they have a race this Sunday also I think race #4 out of 5 nice track.

Hannegan speed way. I don't know much about it because I haven't been there yet. Its up in Bellingham

I am going to Wide open Sports Arena this Saturday. its $35.00 from 9:00am to 9:00pm

Old 11-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Jarsong you should stop at monroe's flat track and have your son race there!!!! what kind of bike/quad does your son have??
Techtip and I went to motoplex indoor flat track when they had it set up(only for this weekend) and had a blast, he has a v force and i have a raptor, it was a pretty close call when we were even....who ever had the inside lane got the lead!!! The v-force and raptor may be twoof the fastest quads for flat track....I have a 12t sprocket onmy raptor and wow what a difference. Only if techtip and I had some flat track tires we would have been kicking a**

Old 11-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

That sound like a blast. My buddy's son raced in Monroe and had a blast. My son told me last night he wasn't ready to race yet. I said ok. He'll come around soon enough. He has an Suzuki LT80. I put wheel spacers on it a couple weeks ago and widened it 5", 2.5 on each side, so he needs to learn how to ride again anyway. It was sort of tippy and held him back a little, now I think he'd get thrown off before it would tip. My self, I sold my 250R and just finished build up a 03 Z400 (wifes bike). Installed the Works shocks Wednesday night and haven't had a chance to rip it up with it yet.... I would love to go to the indoor track and give it a try.
Jarrett

Quick Reply: Indoor ATV/Dirt Bike MX Track IN W. WASHINGTON