Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

LOOKING FOR RIDERS IN ILLINOIS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2000, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondered if anyone was in northwest Illinois that needed a place to ride We have quite a few places around here if you want to come and ride here

Old 05-26-2000, 08:49 PM
jad
Range Rover

Excelent, my friends a I have been looking for new places to ride. We are in Wilmington, IL. Where do you ride, are they legal, and what do you ride?
jad.

Old 05-26-2000, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

I live in Central Illinois, and if anyone out there is from around the champaign or danville area, lemme kno, im runnin out of places to ride, and need some new people to ride with.

Old 05-27-2000, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

iride and jad
you guys ever get out to Byron? I went out on a week day (open track) great time!! Hey iride,did you buy those shocks yet? If you get the Works save your money and get the triples and skip the reservoirs. Unless you are Doug Gust you won't make 'em fade. I know they don't look as cool but next winter send them to Todd at TCS. He makes 'em into duals and installs his own cans so the extra money you spend on the Works cans goes out the window. If you race them in a variety of conditions the adjustability with the cans may be worth it. later fellas, Rob

Old 05-27-2000, 09:57 AM
jad
Range Rover

Plainfield, that is getting really close to me. I just found out that they let quads ride in Byron. I have not been there yet but do plan on going. Where else do you ride? We go to Attica, IN. alot. Silver Lakes, MI. June 3rd and 4th. What type of riding is in Byron?

Old 05-27-2000, 10:03 AM
jad
Range Rover

I've mountain biked down near Danville. Any quad riding down there?

jad.

Old 05-27-2000, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Morrison Illinois and we have some nice places to ride here but most of my friends ride bikes but i have a few friends with quads.Never been to Byron heard its nice I have raced at the Bike Barn and I won the moose run last spring.Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to come here to ride?Just got back from Silver Lake Dunes we went on may 12,13,14 and had lots of fun!!Never been anywhere else to ride if anyone is goiing on a trip let me know!!Can't go till after June 20th or so have a kid coming any time!!!

Old 05-28-2000, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

I live in northeast IL and i ride at Bong Rec area..it is a state park in Wisc, right over the border. It is about 7 miles of trails no big deal.. i also go to silver lake and plan on goin the weekend after the 4th of july. i have also heard about byron but have not been there either...i also still want to get out to the badlands in indiana.

Old 05-31-2000, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Byron or motorsport park as it is known is mostly a natural terrain motocross track. They also have a few hundred acres of trails that they run Hare Scrambles on. They hold races on the weekends so if you just want to put around, go during the week. I think they are open daily. I'm pretty sure their web address is www.motorsportpark,com.
hey iride, can u ride the trails/course the moose is run on? [legally]
hey jad, you ought to bring you and some buddies out to Arsenal Road track for the Friday night races. There are usually 5-10 quads out there with various performance and skill levels. In fact, a friend of mine finished 6th in distict 17 and he had never raced before, besides that he rides a stock motored 250x.
I am gonna have my bike back together for the races on the 9th
I'm also gong to Silver lake Sat.8 thru tues 11. Make sure you get your vouchers for sat and sun. No ticky no washy

Old 05-31-2000, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

NO SORRY YOU CAN'T RIDE THE TRAIL OF THE MOOSE RUN ONLY CAN RIDE IT WHEN YOU RACE IT YOU CAN'T EVEN PRACTICE ON IT LET ME KNOW WHEN SOME OF YOUS ARE GOING TO BYRON I WOULD LIKE TO GO TOO!!I RIDE A 400 EX BUT WOULD LOVE TO FIND SOMETHING FASTER LIKE THE CANNONDALE BUT WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT YAMAHA HAS TO OFFER
CALL IF WANA RIDE 815 772 2861

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR RIDERS IN ILLINOIS